how would you react?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rockn Robin

I'd tell him to mind his own foxtroting business, and carried on my merry way.

Tempting, but I just ignore and go on my way. There are too many lunatics out here that carry handguns, and some are insane enough to use them for even the slightest of provocation. It's a gun crazed society in which I live. I avoid any kind of confrontation, especially on our roads.

Best thing is to leave him be and ride on.

Drago

Legendary Member
Send a letter via recorded delivery, or phone the chairman/CEO at home. Works for me.

Chap I grasssed up on Monday is in some right do do...

"Good morning Mr Faquhar,

We are very sorry for the conduct of our engineer this morning. All our engineers are fully aware of our policy regarding the use of mobile phones while driving and in the work place. The Engineer has been informed that he needs to come to the office later today.

We will then launch an investigation which could result in dismissal if it is proved beyond reasonable doubt. Atlas has a zero-tolerance policy on the use of hand held devices while driving and we take it very seriously."

So some companies will act proactively when us punters grass up their employees for their road misdeeds.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tempting, but I just ignore and go on my way. There are too many lunatics out here that carry handguns, and some are insane enough to use them for even the slightest of provocation. It's a gun crazed society in which I live. I avoid any kind of confrontation, especially on our roads.

Best thing is to leave him be and ride on.
Would he have said it to you though, given that you might just be carrying one?

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're on the side of sense.
In before
E.R. Triage nurse said:
Were you wearing your flak jacket?

rugby bloke

Veteran
Here's a scary thought, one which I'm frightened to google for myself. Are there any hi-vis cycle helmets out there, combing the 'best' of both Worlds?
Saw a fellow cyclist wearing just the thing riding home last night - Full high Vis, including what looked like a water proof cover that fitted over the helmet.

C R

Guru
Saw a fellow cyclist wearing just the thing riding home last night - Full high Vis, including what looked like a water proof cover that fitted over the helmet.
I have one of those covers, keeps my hair dry during rainy rides. All the ones I have seen ate hi visibility colours and have reflective strips. Last time I saw helmets in Lidl one of the models was fluorescent green.

C R

Guru
I sometimes ride with a person who wears one of those hat covers all the time, rain or shine. He looks like a gigantic yellow mushroom, what a twerp. I should think he's more likely to get hit by motorists blinded by uncontrollable tears of laughter.

That's just your envy talking because your hair gets all wet, so there, that's you told :whistle:.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Although I am not in total agreement with the chap you met but there have been times when I have been out cycling and have seen riders wearing all black cycling gear plus a black bike. I call it "stealth mode!" It may be alright for fighter planes but cyclist's need to be more conspicuous. Some bright colours would help. If you think about it motorcyclist's were in a similar situation to cyclist's by not being seen and adopted the idea of riding with their headlights on.

In my motorcycle commuting days, when it was a new thing to ride with your headlights on, I found that after a while people were pulling out in front of me even more. So I stopped using my headlight.

pjd57

Veteran
Still makes me laugh
do-you-want-to-be-seen-or-not-26405159.png

Top Bottom