how would you react?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User66445

I wouldn't. That nearly happened to me the other day. Blind Z bend, narrow country road, disused railway crossing, huge semi-trainer hurtling round on my side of the road coming towards me. He certainly saw me heading into the nearest ditch, but wouldn't have been able to take evasive action himself without toppling over. He didn't look to be in complete control when I dived off the road.

I rang the company concerned just after, and guess what? They were all in a meeting and would be unavailable for the forseeable future.

As already stated , it matters not one jot what you wear , if someone isn't looking then they wont see you , simple as that,
and just to raise the stupidity stakes a little , a friend of mine while riding on the canal bank fell off his bike and broke his wrist, at hospital once he had said he fell off his bike he was asked was he wearing a helmet or high vis , his response was …just so I know for future reference , which of the two would prevent me breaking my wrist in the event of a fall from my bike :wacko::wacko:

OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
yep i had that when i came off on black ice and broke my hip first thing they asked me if i was wearing a helmet.

alicat

Legendary Member
I was treated to the helmet conversation when I was knocked off by a motorist. I asked the consultant if that would have improved the driver's concentration. The student doctors around me started tittering and the consultant decided that I could be discharged that day.

classic33

Leg End Member
I wouldn't. That nearly happened to me the other day. Blind Z bend, narrow country road, disused railway crossing, huge semi-trainer hurtling round on my side of the road coming towards me. He certainly saw me heading into the nearest ditch, but wouldn't have been able to take evasive action himself without toppling over. He didn't look to be in complete control when I dived off the road.

I rang the company concerned just after, and guess what? They were all in a meeting and would be unavailable for the forseeable future.
Send a letter via recorded delivery, or phone the chairman/CEO at home. Works for me.

Top Bottom