Hows this for stoopid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'd like to see motorists who are caught driving and using mobile phones to be banned for a year, on the spot, given a weeks free travel card, local transport maps, claim a fine through thier insurance company and crush the car.

tdr1nka said:
I'd like to see motorists who are caught driving and using mobile phones to be banned for a year, on the spot, given a weeks free travel card, local transport maps, claim a fine through thier insurance company and crush the car.

What about giving them a free bike hie for a week? :biggrin:

CotterPin

tdr1nka said:
On Sunday returning home with Ms. tdr1nka, on foot, we were half way across a pelican crossing and wandered right into the path of a speeding & RLJ'ing cyclist who cursed and tutted as he had to go round us to get past.
I seriously had to stop myself from nudging him over as he went past.
If it had been a car I would have kicked it.

I have always been tempted to deliberately stop in the path of an RLJing cyclist when I am walking across the road. Just a bit concerned about how much it might hurt - just to make a point. :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just carry on following the law..... I think it's funny and irritating, when I pull up at lights, stop for a drink, RLJ'er goes through all in a rush, I pull away, pass him at speed 20 yards further on, stop at lights again, RLJ'er still in rush jumps them again, then I pass them again.... get yourself fit and use the lights as an opportunity for interval training..... by the second or third set of lights, I'm ready to tell 'em off though !

Arch

Married to Night Train
tdr1nka said:

Ok, up to crushing the car. That's a silly waste of a car. Give it away to someone more deserving.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I do think making them cycle on the roads might make them appreciate why cyclists object to them chatting on the phone or not leaving enough room. I doubt that many would be converted out of their cars ... but hopefully it would change a few attitudes.

That 4x4 driver was as pathetic as the 40 year old dad trying to be dahn wivver kids by telling everyone that he likes the Arctic Monkeys. He's probably desperately aware of how fat and stupid his 4x4 makes him look, so was trying to get some of tdr1nka's reflected cool. Tdr1nka's reponse was the only possible correct one, under the circumstances. Well done.

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Cheers 20"!

An ASL(advanced stop line) is a green section(with a white bicycle) painted on the road at traffic lights which are there to give cyclists some advance on the traffic when pulling away from the lights. Cars are supposed to stay behind these areas and most frequently don't.

Tx

Tynan

Veteran
drivers in 4x4 think they look like greek gods riding a chariot of gold pulled by angels

it's the only possible reason why so many people drive such absurd and expensive cars

tdr1nka said:

The ASL thing doesn't bother me too much but I must admit mobile phones get right on my tits.These people actually think they have the brains to do two things at once.On evidence out there this isn't actuallty true.;)

Top Bottom