Hows this for stoopid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
tdr1nka said:
Cheers 20"!

An ASL(advanced stop line) is a green section(with a white bicycle) painted on the road at traffic lights which are there to give cyclists some advance on the traffic when pulling away from the lights. Cars are supposed to stay behind these areas and most frequently don't.

Tx

I always thought that was like an "In Goal Area" for 4x4 drivers ;)

snorri

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
Wot so silly about trike?

Nothing silly, I was just correcting bonj who seemed to think you were on a bike:smile:

bonj2

Maz said:
I think I would've tried to humour the guy.
No need to get him on your back.

Terminator said:
I wouldn't have said what Tdr1nka said as it comes across a trifle nerdish.:biggrin:

I would have probably said thankyou very much and complimented him on his driving and if it got really serious I would have ordered a bunch of flowers.;)

no, i would say the response was correct. If you're complimenting someone in a patronising way, you've at least got to make sure you're squeeky clean yourself. If you're not, it's just crass. Not rude, as I genuinely think he was simply being jovial. But still crass - as he appoints himself road behaviour commentator, yet the thought that he was breaking the law himself by going into the ASL box didn't enter his head. So it's sort of like inverse hypocrisy.

Top Bottom