Hoy or Kenny for the Olympic Sprint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
going on form right now it should be Kenny but can't help feeling Hoy will be right up for it come the Olympics. Question I ask really can Kenny emulate what Hoy has done over his career? Its changing of the guard to be honest? Hoy says he will be there for the 2014 commonwealth games but I think alot of that will depend on how things go in London!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Why was Bauge only banned for a year? I thought 3 missed tests triggered a 2 year ban.

PpPete

Legendary Member
On current form you'd have to say Hoy for the Keirin and Kenny for the Sprint... but current form is no predictor of what it will be like when a decision has to be made.
Whoever it is.... you just have to hope Bauge gets taken for a good few long ones in the rounds before he meets whoever is the GBR representative.

woohoo

Veteran
At some point, hopefully the final, Bauge is likely to meet the UK sprinter. I believe that Hoy is better than Kenny against Bauge and on that basis, I would give Hoy the place (but would feel very mean toward Kenny in doing that).

400bhp

Guru
What was the thinking behind the one competitor rule?

Imagine telling the Kenyans they can only have one man in the 10K or the Jamaicans they can only have one man in the 100m.

I was thinking the same - perhaps it's that there are more opportunities for track cyclists to do multi-events and so they are trying to limit that? Would be interested in knowing the "true" answer (well, at least the one trotted out by the IOC)

Keith Oates

Janner
I was thinking the same - perhaps it's that there are more opportunities for track cyclists to do multi-events and so they are trying to limit that? Would be interested in knowing the "true" answer (well, at least the one trotted out by the IOC)
Simple, the IOC is trying to limit the number of medals won by the British!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
Despite the fact that we share a name, I think if Hoy is still as fit he should be selected. Experience counts a lot and 'our Jase' will have his time in 4 years.

Top Bottom