HPI check flagged up a problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
The stocking loan companies in my experience are the first one's on the scene when a company goes under.

OP
OP
U

User33236

The stocking loan companies in my experience are the first one's on the scene when a company goes under.
I would like to think the Europe’s largest independent car dealer won’t go under before the end of the month but I’ve been wrong before :laugh:

I more assured that I have it in writing from the car check company that, in their opinion, there is no problem and that the purchase is covered by their insurance. That cover exceeds the vehicle purchase price.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would like to think the Europe’s largest independent car dealer won’t go under before the end of the month but I’ve been wrong before :laugh:

I more assured that I have it in writing from the car check company that, in their opinion, there is no problem and that the purchase is covered by their insurance. That cover exceeds the vehicle purchase price.

I was in reply to biggs682.

screenman

Legendary Member

Sytner?

OP
OP
U

User33236

I thought they were third, not that it matters. They offer some good value cars, but watch out for the upsells as that is where they really make their money nowadays.
They’re cars sales people, can’t believe a word they say :laugh:

Only upselling they tried was two years servicing and first MOT for £299,00. We turned it down initially but got in when they dropped price to £99. I know they don’t do much on an annual service but £99 for two dealer services ain’t bad.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They’re cars sales people, can’t believe a word they say :laugh:

Only upselling they tried was two years servicing and first MOT for £299,00. We turned it down initially but got in when they dropped price to £99. I know they don’t do much on an annual service but £99 for two dealer services ain’t bad.

You mean to say they didnt offer paint protection treatment

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nope, or Scotch Guard for the seats or any of the other nonsense that usually comes up during the negotiations.

Mrs SG was even impressed the salesman involved her in the discussion and didn’t ignore her, ‘cos she is a woman, as has happened before.
blimey on both , you never know there could be a big bunch of flowers for Mrs SG on collection day

OP
OP
U

User33236

blimey on both , you never know there could be a big bunch of flowers for Mrs SG on collection day
Hope not! If they can afford to do that it means we’ve paid well over the odds for the car! :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hope not! If they can afford to do that it means we’ve paid well over the odds for the car! :laugh:
I got a bunch when I bought my car which was a v good price based on similar out there. I liked the gesture :okay:

No one else ever gives me flowers :cry:

OP
OP
U

User33236

I got a bunch when I bought my car which was a v good price based on similar out there. I liked the gesture :okay:

No one else ever gives me flowers :cry:
Wouldn’t worry. They just end up creating mess when they start dying.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I thought they were third, not that it matters. They offer some good value cars, but watch out for the upsells as that is where they really make their money nowadays.

I was impressed by the people at our local Arnold Clark but disappointed to find on many vehicles of the “thousands” available some were only available if I went to the actual dealership. To my way of thinking I’m the customer and if AC make the offer the car should be moved to my local dealer for my inspection. This made trawling the AC website pointless.

I walked across the road to Vantage who showed me the model I wanted and then offered to get the blue one I fancied in for me to view. There was an offer to upsell but the salesman just went through the motions.

Top Bottom