HR Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
TBH, no, not a simple, easy to follow one anyway.

Just search on Amazon, there is bound to be some basic HR training books for a reasonable price. Almost any will get you started.

The ride is on my spin bike in my house.

you need to bolt it to the floor.. ;) (that was a joke by the way)

Like Robert says, once you have settled on a MHR number, work off percentages of that number to establish your training zones. And ignore the HR numbers of other people, because they are not you.

I'd suggest the local library. Normally there's a few books there on training with HR, even one on running will give you a good idea of the basics of HR training but obviously not what training you need for the bike.

lulubel

Über Member
Rob, I get that. This could be a pointless discussion, however there is some competition here and I am being called out for not working hard enough. During the ride I had to hold back on the flatter sections as I was droping my partner. I do want to ensure I get as much out of each ride as I can as I am no spring chicken and have only been riding for 2 years. If I can use the HR monitor to structure rides both indorr and outdoor to improve my overall fitness and therefore riding then I will do it as long as I can see the benefits.

Stewart

Is it your partner who's calling you out for not working hard enough?

If it is, I'd suggest you drop him next time and then see what he says.

Top Bottom