HR Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Yes, garmin site is down for maintenance
No it ain't i am on it now.

OP
OP
V

V1nyl

Now this is going to get silly. You can see I'm not hard core and I have been around for to many years to enter into some banter lads. I think I have enough info to do my own thing now. So thanks for the help, I think and maybe I'll post something else another time that will provide you with some additional entertaimment.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Now this is going to get silly. You can see I'm not hard core and I have been around for to many years to enter into some banter lads. I think I have enough info to do my own thing now. So thanks for the help, I think and maybe I'll post something else another time that will provide you with some additional entertaimment.

This is why people are asking - picture of your ride.

map.png

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I suggest you stop comparing HR values with friends, it is a fools game.

I further suggest you invest in a book regarding HR training as much of what you ask about is very basic, but beyond the scope of a forum thread to cover with the needed completeness.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
His figures are different because he is him and you are you.

Also I suggest you do not consider HR as absolute values but as a % of MHR!

OP
OP
V

V1nyl

Rob, I get that. This could be a pointless discussion, however there is some competition here and I am being called out for not working hard enough. During the ride I had to hold back on the flatter sections as I was droping my partner. I do want to ensure I get as much out of each ride as I can as I am no spring chicken and have only been riding for 2 years. If I can use the HR monitor to structure rides both indorr and outdoor to improve my overall fitness and therefore riding then I will do it as long as I can see the benefits.

Stewart

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Absolute values are not indicative of how hard you are trying. Hence get them in the form %MHR. The closer to 100%, the harder you are working! Simple as that.

With regards structuring your training, this is why it is best you buy a book. Something practical, rather than academic would be best. Some of the books out there are a bit too technical to digest easily.

Top Bottom