HRM/ Tri watch advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
richie244

richie244

I may have missed something but the fenix does all the 920 does, and is a better day watch IMHO

Isn't that what Stephanie said? I think the size of the Fenix is a bit off putting but more so the price difference of £240 for the 920 to £340 for the Fenix HR Personally I wouldn't wear either as a day watch.

Stephenite

Membå
I may have missed something but the fenix does all the 920 does, and is a better day watch IMHO
A couple of (small) things come to mind immediately. The 920 has a quick release kit allowing you to unclip it from your wrist and clip it on the bike, and vice versa. The 920 is slimmer and 21g lighter.

Stephenite

Membå
For what it's worth I've bought a 2nd hand Fenix 3 for a smidge under 200 of your british pfundten (living in norway (nexitland) i have to pay over the odds). It's a bit bulky - is my first impression - I wouldn't call it a daywatch, imo.

OP
OP
richie244

richie244

Still torn they have put the price up on the 920XT now so they are virtually the same price. Im hoping the intro of the Fenix 5 drops the prices if I can wait that long. Im just struggling to spend this much on a watch that could be a big chunk to a new bike.

huwsparky

Über Member
Still torn they have put the price up on the 920XT now so they are virtually the same price. Im hoping the intro of the Fenix 5 drops the prices if I can wait that long. Im just struggling to spend this much on a watch that could be a big chunk to a new bike.
What did you end up going for? I upgraded from a 910XT to a F3. Don't really see the point of the F5 over the F3 as it doesn't really offer anything useful (for Tri anyway).

The two watches I considered were the 735XT and F3. Discounted the 735XT ultimately as a mate had one and said it ran out of battery half way through his run leg on Ironman.

Top Bottom