Hubdock, no more messy hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting idea to avoid the oily hands and hassle when removing the rear wheel. Leave the cassette in place and just unbolt the hub when you need to fix a rear puncture.

HubDock-Wheel-Removed-with-drive-visible.jpg

More info here ... hubdock

GIOS

Questo posto è una bettola!
Alternative solution.

latex_gloves.jpg

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I watched the video here and failed to agree with the person whinging about taking the wheels off their bike, the example on the video is depressing, the way they treat the bike they'll be changing the front forks, front wheel and chainset before that cassette ever wears out. Maybe they need to spend time with a pro-cycling team mechanic to get the hang of it?

Reactions: gaz

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I can remove (and reinsert) the rear wheel without getting messy hands, provided there's no muck on the rear derailleur body (because that's what I hold when removing and reinserting the wheel). As 400bhp said, it's handling the tyre, tube and wheel rim which normally gets the hands dirty.

Blooming philistines, I think it's great, probably never go into serious production or taken seriously unless the pros take it on board, a bit like electronic gearing.

Similar to ABS, traction control etc on cars. "Who needs it" shout the philistines, and "what have the Romans ever done for us?"

400bhp

Guru
Actually, it might make cleaning the drive-train a damn sight easier too.

I really liked it. I thought it was neat, simple and probably does serve a purpose.... However, I probably would not buy it, therein lays the problem. A few years to late maybe?

Not a new idea. It was tried before - in the 80s - and didnt catch on. Partly because it garnered a reputation for axle failure at the juncture of hub and frewheel and consequent fatal bending of drop-outs.

Now if only I could remember who made it! :/

Top Bottom