Hubster is getting a recumbent trike *updated thread*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Easiest flag poles are lengths of solid fibre glass rod, which are lighter and easier to fit than fishing rods. 6mm is about right for some flexibility. Any kite shop, some surfing shops or mail order

Also simple to fit, use a metal "connector" zip tied to the frame or carrier and a couple of loose zip ties to guide. Can easily be installed and removed by sliding through the guide ties and into the connector

I use Helen at Raindrop kites who over the years has made me a number of original flags, including the Celtic banners I use at present

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
... asking if anyone had a dead fishing rod going begging as we needed about 4' of one. The thin end. .... and a neighbour was standing at our door with 5' of dead rod. Hubs is de-eyeing it now.

He is somewhat excited and can't wait to take possession of it.:hyper:
All that excitement over a bit of dead fishing rod ! :scratch:

What'll he be like when gets his mitts on the trike ... :hyper: :hyper: :wahhey: :wahhey:

Hope all goes well for you both and welcome to the comfort of the Dark Side. :thumbsup: :hugs:

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
All that excitement over a bit of dead fishing rod ! :scratch:

What'll he be like when gets his mitts on the trike ... :hyper: :hyper: :wahhey: :wahhey:

Hope all goes well for you both and welcome to the comfort of the Dark Side. :thumbsup: :hugs:
That is pretty much what I thought :hyper::rofl:

It's Hubs going to the dark side. I am resisting until I've had a go or 5 - then possibly a lot of saving up but that will be after the move

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Also simple to fit, use a metal "connector" zip tied to the frame or carrier and a couple of loose zip ties to guide. Can easily be installed and removed by sliding through the guide ties and into the connector
Could someone explain more about fitting the connector so it doesn't slip but doesn't damage the frame, please? I've messed up a few times :blush:

That is pretty much what I thought :hyper::rofl:

It's Hubs going to the dark side. I am resisting until I've had a go or 5 - then possibly a lot of saving up but that will be after the move

Me? I'm just hoping that he'll shut up once he has it :smile: :music:

So........ it will mostly be variations on "Can I have my Trike back" or "When can I have a go on MY trike?"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

So........ it will mostly be variations on "Can I have my Trike back" or "When can I have a go on MY trike?"
Probably not as he has longer legs than me, with him being 4" taller and all. I love my bikes to much at the mo :wub::bicycle:

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

I'll give you a month at most and you'll be lusting after one too. As well as being great fun they are works of art, especially with all the identikit MAMIL bikes around now.
That is why I am rather fond of my CX. People have been rude about him or nice about him. There appears to be no middle ground. I think it's the kermit green bar tape :smile: Mind you, people are often rude about my roadie too. Actually, now I think about it, lots of people are just plain rude :cycle:

I possibly will be lusting after one but there is no way that I will be able to afford another bike (or a new anything for that matter) this summer. I might salt some money away, I'm good at that. Just in case.:okay:

Top Bottom