Huge hangover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
After over indulging last night thought it would be a good idea to cycle this morning to blow the cobwebs away. Wrong.... feel ten times worse. No sympathy from other half. Back to bed
Try this one!
Ingredients:

2 scoops of Healthy Mummy Vanilla Smoothie Mix
250ml of skim milk
2 tablespoons of oats
1 tablespoon of Vegemite or Cheesymite
½ a frozen banana
250ml herbal tea (optional instead of milk)

Method:
  • Blend at high speed until well combined.
  • Enjoy!

I didnt used to have much in the way of hangovers in my early 20s. Im 30 now and my hangovers leave me bed ridden for the entire day. I seldom feel nauseous, but all I want to do is sleep, only getting out of bed to drink another gallon or 2 of water.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Try this one!
Ingredients:

2 scoops of Healthy Mummy Vanilla Smoothie Mix
250ml of skim milk
2 tablespoons of oats
1 tablespoon of Vegemite or Cheesymite
½ a frozen banana
250ml herbal tea (optional instead of milk)

Method:
  • Blend at high speed until well combined.
  • Enjoy!
Or, for a simpler solution:

Barrs+Irn+Bru.JPG

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I've done rides whilst hungover and they're never a good idea. You kick off dehydrated and never get this corrected as it takes hours and hours of just sitting around drinking fluids to sort it properly

No problem going for a blast after a night our if I feel OK, but I'm giving up hangover cycling

Adam4868

Guru
I didnt used to have much in the way of hangovers in my early 20s. Im 30 now and my hangovers leave me bed ridden for the entire day. I seldom feel nauseous, but all I want to do is sleep, only getting out of bed to drink another gallon or 2 of water.
Wait till you get to 50,there so bad it 'almost' puts me off

OP
OP
gbuch

gbuch

Over 50 now and takes days to get back to normal. Actually thought of going to pub for hair of the dog but common sense prevailed and went to bed feeling sorry for my self. Guiness , red wine and vodka don't mix

Globalti

Legendary Member
Worst hangovers I've ever had were two occasions in my life when I've had no choice and been forced to drink Carlsburg. Awful hangovers both times after drinking only a few bottles. Serves me right for drinking Europiss.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On new year's morning I had to flag down a couple of cyclists for assistance (I'd punctured and had forgotten my pump when changing my gear over from one bike to the other). One of them was cheerful, the other (who lent me his pump) was less so. His friend was taking him out to ride off his hangover, and it wasn't working. He thanked me for giving him an excuse to stop.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Saturday and Sunday mornings are the only times I have a chance of beating my normally fast buddy up hills because he's sometimes got a hangover. I know he has because he can't help letting out the occasional groan. Of course I'm too kind-hearted (or soft) to dish out too much pain and he's usually recovered by the time we stop for coffee.

si_c

Guru
After over indulging last night thought it would be a good idea to cycle this morning to blow the cobwebs away. Wrong.... feel ten times worse. No sympathy from other half. Back to bed

I can sincerely appreciate how you feel. I did an 80 miler starting at 9am following Oktoberfest drinking in Liverpool. I woke up still drunk and got the full hangover as I was starting the ride - sans breakfast. I wasn't feeling better till after the first cafe stop. In fairness as the day wore on I did start to feel much better, I think it's just a case of pushing through it.

keithmac

Guru
Best place for a hangover is at work, because you can't sit around moping about and feeling sorry for yourself..

I've ruined many a Sunday with a stinking hangover, normally after snakebites or rum.

Normally feel surprising well after a night on the Gin though..

Top Bottom