Hull - Fakenham camping sites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
skmc1955 said:
Just got back from there today! Walked Leyburn - Aysgarth - Hawes - Kirkby Stephen-Keld-Reeth, staying in pubs every night :laugh: Think it might have been easier on my bike!

Easier? I took some advice in Settle, I wanted to go across to Malham, I was told to leave via Stockdale Lane, a steep climb but after that things would be fine. Should've been called Stockdale Mountain!!;) It very nearly killed me, I am 47 and felt every one of those years as I grinded up and up and round and round:sad: I'll post a few pics tomorrow, never ever again, that night I dreamt of flat places like...................... Hull to Fakenham.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
A few pics,

Loaded Disco. I forgot my mat and bought a £9.99 one from Millets in Skipton, total junk!
Dales251.jpg

Looking back to Settle thinking about whether to carry on.
Dales151.jpg

Up Stockdale Lane:sad:
Dales161.jpg

Ta da! The top:smile:
Dales201.jpg

On the way back I stopped by the river at Gargrave for a sandwich and some milk, plonked myself down on the bench and this was on the riverbank.:biggrin:
Dales36.jpg

skmc1955

All ready for monday morning, plan is to get down to Woodhall Spa for Monday night then head east for Nth Norfolk and see where I end up! A full week with nothing to do but pedal, camp and drink beer:biggrin: Looking at the Whitehall Farm camp web site, they make a big thing about not accepting tents, has this changed recently?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
skmc1955 said:
All ready for monday morning, plan is to get down to Woodhall Spa for Monday night then head east for Nth Norfolk and see where I end up! A full week with nothing to do but pedal, camp and drink beer:biggrin: Looking at the Whitehall Farm camp web site, they make a big thing about not accepting tents, has this changed recently?
Lucky person, I wish I was with you!

We were at Whitehall Farm campsite in early September and telephoned at random when we were literally a half mile away. There was no problem whatsoever, and we had the site to ourselves. The facilities are basic, with a shower and bog, and the lady of the house appears a bit dour. However, I would go back there anytime. Make sure you visit the Lord Nelson pub, about a half mile away. Their grub is delicious and excellent value. Their beer is the best in the area.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom