Hull - Spurn Point Sat 31st Oct

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
A couple of us are planning on riding out from Hull to Spurn next Saturday & wondered if anyone else fancied coming along?
Planning to leave Hull about 8am to give plenty of daylight, but can leave a little later if required.
If anyone is intrested I can plot a route & post it upover the next day or so.

Cheers

HelenD123

Legendary Member
How far would it be?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Please do it next year. As inevitably happens on these things, I'm going on another CC ride that weekend.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
How far would it be?

it's about 35 miles Hull To Kilnsea the way I'd go. if you want to go right onto Spurn point it's about another 2 miles of sand & cobbles ;) Or we can just stop at the cafe at Kilnsea ;)
We can come the same route back, or go via Withernsea, Tunstall, Sproatley, Swine & then pick up the TPT back to Hull which would total about 74 miles. ROUGH ROUTE PLAN

gbs

Guru
Soltydog said:
I'll sort one out for sometime next year then, but I'll leave it until Spring/Summer than the weather doesn't hamper us :smile:

I would be v happy to revisit my childhood county ( we used to live in Cottingham) but I have a LtoB commitment/plan for nov1 for which I must save the old legs. Next spring, DV, sounds good.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
I'll sort one out for sometime next year then, but I'll leave it until Spring/Summer than the weather doesn't hamper us :biggrin:

oh, yes please! I can't make it on Saturday, my Mum is visiting, and I don't think I could manage the distance in the daylight anyway.

So, that's one month's East Riding Posse ride sorted for 2010 ...:biggrin:

zacklaws

Guru
Think I will have to give this one a miss, despite my new bike having exactly the same geometry and measurements exactly the same as my old one, I cannot get comfortable on it, having tried all last week, and having done a 50+ on it on Wednesday, its finished me off and my bodies in bits and my legs are killing me.

Coming back from work this morning I could only crawl home at about 10 mile an hour as my knees hurt so much. Even on the ride on Sunday from York I was in severe pain.

After I've had a sleep this morning, I'm going to go for a run out on my new one this afternoon as I have rematched all the measurements to my old one again and see how it goes and may reconsider tommorow. I would never have thought that riding a different bike could effect you so much, especially when on my old Trek it was so comfortable but now its agony.

zacklaws

Guru
Just before I set off for my ride to try tweaking my new bike, got a call and now I'm working the weekend on the ponds I fish, cannot turn it down as it helps to fund all my permits by dropping the annual price.

Quite a successful ride, tweaked my bike as I went along, every time I got a twinge I would jump off and alter the saddle or the bars. Took along my dictaphone and constantly recorded every thing I altered and by how much along with when I got the pains for the record. I'll beat this bike yet. Dreading riding my old one though now.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Sorry, I'm not going to make it. I'm off looking at bikes:biggrin:. Cycle to work is opening and I fancy a folder. If I have a last minute change of heart I'll text someone to let you know I'm coming.

Top Bottom