Humorous nicknames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A few I've heard over the years................

A work colleague was called "Harpic", because he was clean round the bend!

Another work colleague was "The Blister", because he always appeared after the hard work was done.

A guy at my local pub was known as "The Blacksmith", because when it was his round, he made a bolt for the door.

Yet another work colleague was "The Olympic Flame" because he never went out. Relevant to that particular job because he was a Police beat officer.

Not as witty, but my friend Kate is known a "Bob". Sadly it had be be explained to her.

gbb

Legendary Member
My surname is unusual, commonish over the west country but never came across another in person that wasn' related...only one infamous fella on telly.
But I've been called Whitcock, Bigcock, littlecock, every kind of cock :tongue:

One day I walked into a former workshop and a colleague shouted out....
Oi....Buttock :laugh:.

I thought I'd heard them all:okay:...Buttock stuck for a while ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
We had a colleague who was extraordinarily well hung..and not very originally we called him Donkey . He did and didn' like it, depended on his mood :tongue:

One day we naughtily went into reception and asked the recepionist to put a call out for Don Key to ring the workshops. She began to oblige and but we stopped her before she got to Key..
She seemed unaware of his nickname and asked why we called him that.

Well...errrrr....

After we kinda skirted round why, she.....:blush:

:tongue:

Whenever I walk into my local pub or shops the staff all quietly mutter Winner when they see me. This clearly shows the level of respect people have for me.

I liked the one that I heard on the radio the other day about a guy they called spider because he once went out and bought four pairs of trousers in one shopping trip!

Levo-Lon

Guru
I was often called " Flid " due to the fact i was usually wearing a cast on an arm or leg as a youngster.
Bat Fink was another due to my bad eyes and good hearing!!
Silent Psycho!!
Lon has been a nickname for over 3 decades.

Guy down the pub ,there's lots of them.

BFK bent from kent
Gargoyle ..
Village ..

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
The Stovold brothers played cricket for Gloucstershire in the 70s and 80s. Andy, a keeper at the start of his career, was noted for his high-pitched appeal, and became known as "Squeak". Inevitably, his brother Martin was soon called "Bubble". A Kent swing bowler who I shan't name was known as "Bunga", short for bungalow, because he didn't have much upstairs. Vic Marks, now a journalist and commentator, was always "skid Marks" (or skidder). Mark Alleyne, the Gloucestershire opening batsman, was "boo-boo", because he was the king of the swingers (swing bowlers, before any rumours start). An Essex opening batsman was called Zog, or Zoggie, because that was the planet he obviously came from. The Waugh brothers were each called Tugga. And so on. Sporting teams are rich material for nicknames.

Top Bottom