Humorous nicknames.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Dr Nick, a Hungarian ex-colleague who was the twin of the Simpsons character.

Minty, because he was always late for work, was always After-Eight. A good decade before the EastEnders character of the same name.

Teen Wolf, a young officer with a wispy beard. That stuck for 30 years.

Ferret, a very diminutive PCSO.

The Swede, a hulking great police sergeant.

Cletus, a PCSO who was a lovely lad, but had this strange laugh that sounded like a hillbilly giggling.

And I was called Chopper, for my supposed resemblance to Mark Brandon Read.

Arthur, a female who had slept with arf ur the workforce. Not a very nice one that, hailing as it did from the Eighties.

Hoff, because of his strange blow dried hairstyle.

Badger, an older bobby who had a black beard with weird grey stripes.

None of them terribly exciting, but all mildly amusing.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
When I was at the canoe club we used to do pool sessions in the winter. There was an awful woman there for a while who was very much like Violet Elizabeth, she was also a coach.
Now I was in a boat, she was poolside talking to a paddler, but she was crouching down in the squat position when I looked up.

For ever more she was referred to as Winky.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Yet another work colleague was "The Olympic Flame" because he never went out. Relevant to that particular job because he was a Police beat officer.
In a similar vein, BIL has a mate they call Pilot Light.
Whenever I walk into my local pub or shops the staff all quietly mutter Winner when they see me. This clearly shows the level of respect people have for me.
Get your ears checked, they are actually saying "Here comes that whiner" :tongue:

One of our drinking group members lost his job and wife.

He now sits moping at home never going out hence the nickname Miss Havisham.

Get your ears checked, they are actually saying "Here comes that whiner" :tongue:
No, he is hearing them correctly. He bears an uncanny resemblance, you know ....

PF-michael-winner_1207624c.jpg

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Heard a story about a guy who’s nickname was “sailor”, because he had been in the navy.

He also had a glass eye.

One day, he went to the local swimming pool, jumped in, and his glass eye popped out and sank to the bottom.

From then on, he was known as “Sailor the Popeye Man”
In a similar vein...... The owner of a shoe shop where I used to live was renowned for liking a drink or two of an evening. His nickname was Shoe Man Fu'. (For non Scots readers, "fu" means full of drink, or drunk.).

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Knew a guy in the navy called Mr Whippy due to his habit of evacuating his bowels whenever he was inebriated - which was distressingly often

Top Bottom