Hurrah Me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

I am chuffed with myself. Got weighed this evening. Total weight loss since mid-Feb 07 now standing at 81lbs. I'll be at goal early in the new year! Hurrah Me!

Normal service will now be resumed.

Well done skinny malinky!

Having already expressed my admiration at your weight loss on a previous thread, I find my mind turning to other questions concerning the practicalities of said weight loss. This has no doubt been inspired by various programs of recent release, like 10 Years Younger etc...

Now you don't have to answer this, in fact I would understand if you PM'd the mods to have me banned or simply stuck me on your ignore list.....

But will you now require a tummy and arm tuck as a future birthday present?

We could start a whip round or a sponsored cycle ride ;)

OK, OK, I'm leaving, stop pushing........

shooter560

Great news, very well done ;)

Hope to see you on the Norfolk roads once the weather warms a little, though I guess all I'll see is a fly-by :ohmy::smile:

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Thanks guys. :ohmy:

The plan to lose weight was entirely vanity combined with the fact that even though I didn't have any health problems associated with obesity (much to the chagrin of my GP who couldn't get his head around the fact the fat person in front of him had normal blood pressure, normal cholesterol, normal blood sugar etc., etc and this person exercised as she did long bike rides..), I was concious of the fact that I may not always have that luck. ;)

As for flabby bits, I am remarkably pleased with my lack of hugely flabby bits. Again, that's something I'd seen happen to a lot of others who had lost a *lot* of weight. The fact I'm not too bad in the flabby department I put down to cycling. I'm certain the cycling has helped to keep the development of flabby bits to a minimum. That combined with the fact that I haven't been *on a diet* as I have not starved, or gone without anything. I've been eating huge quantities of food - just huge quantites of the very healthy stuff with the odd treat thrown in. I reckon eating very, very healthily has helped my bod adjust quite well. Supermodel I'm not and have no desire to be, but I am in reasonable condition for a matron of the parish. Certainly my nearest & dearest has no complaints and that's fine by me :ohmy: Indeed my nearest & dearest constantly expresses his admiration and it's rather fun :biggrin::thumbsup::rolleyes:

The really hard work for me will start when I reach goal - getting into the mental frame of mind to keep the excess weight off and stay within a healthy weight range for the long term.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Congratulations on your success. For me cycling hasn't provided me with a great weight loss (I think weight has transformed from fat to muscle), but I think it definately has helped with toning.

A question I've been pondering is which muscle groups are improved by cycling...? legs obviously ... but I think I've seen improvement in my backside, tummy muscles (they still have a layer of fat on top), and upper arm (the one that sticks out when you bend your arm) - not sure how to work on the one on the opposite side of the bone. And I had a cholesterol test yesterday so we will see what that is like - never had one before but there seems to be a family trend to high cholesterol.

Will you allow yourself a day off on Christmas? from strictly following your normal food?

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

summerdays said:
Congratulations on your success. For me cycling hasn't provided me with a great weight loss (I think weight has transformed from fat to muscle), but I think it definately has helped with toning.

Oh cycling didn't result in weight loss for me - as I cycled a lot even when I was hugely overweight. But yes, it has definitely helped with toning. I know this as old clothes I can get into now (I have some from years ago), the last time I wore them I was a stone lighter than I am at present - but I didn't exercise as much then - so I'm definitely more toned than I was.

Will you allow yourself a day off on Christmas? from strictly following your normal food?

No, I will not be having a day off, as I don't diet :biggrin: I'll be having a *proper* Christmas lunch, but I'll be making sure the meat is lean and I pig-out on lots of veggies. I shall be eating vast quantities of brussels sprouts, green beans, carrots, broccoli, swede and roasted butternut squash. I'll watch the amount of roast potatoes & parsnips though as they are starchy veggies. I shall be well-fed with normal food!

:biggrin: That's very impressive weight loss! Well done!

I fear that I am going the other way, no more mars bar ice-creams for me :wacko:

Top Bottom