Hurtling down a hill with hands on brakes, wanting to indicate you're turning right

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
most drivers realise then that you're going to do something other than just carrying straight on

Most maybe,but not all do. I had some pillock cut me up at the lights. He wound down the window and asked why i'd moved into the middle of the road,"slowing him down". I told him that i'd indicated to move right,as the left of the lane was badly damaged with potholes. I also said to him that he should've kept a safe distance allowing for a cyclist's unexpected maneuvers due to road conditions etc. The driver of the car told me he was an off duty policeman and he'd be "keeping a look out for me doing stupid things in future". What a total tosser!!:rolleyes:

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Treat yourself to an indicator vest. Perfect for cycling, walking, camping, shopping.:hyper:

If you don't feel safe making the right turn. Slow down and come to a complete stop on the left side of the road just beyond of the junction. Walk across road with bike, and then either take a left turn (on bike) from the other side of the road OR walk with bike beyond junction entrance, and resume journey from there.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sonar, like a bat?
Yes,something like that.;)

Body language. There's always a junction, road surface, etc, which stops you from signalling at the ideal time, so you're reliant on someone having seen your first signal or intention but road position and body language should do the rest and keep enough awareness to get out the farking way if they don't see you or don't care and even if you can't see Accy, you should probably still turn your head as it's a big clue to a following driver, plus it points your ear in the right direction.

Top Bottom