hybrid byke for £200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

doyouknow

Cheers mate! It helped making up my mind :ohmy:
I cannot wait and I would buy my new bike tomorrow... Should I wait for the post christmas sale?

jay clock

Massive member
see here for more about the Subway. http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16396&highlight=subway I have one and love it. Suspension is a waste of weight and money for the plans you have, as they willl cut back in other areas....

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Gripshift Subway Vs Shimano triggers on the Globe
26" MTB style wheels on the Subway Vs 700's on the Globe
2 Chainrings on the Sub Vs triple on the Globe

I had a Subway on "Reserve & collect from Halfords" never turned up to collect it because 2 days before I was due to do so I saw the Globe 08 for the same price in Evans ;)

Guess it all depnds what your prefs are but the 3 factors above are what swung it for me. Plus I prefered the idea of a Specialized over Halfords brand but having said that the Subway is nice looking I think and has a good reputation. It's certainly a decision you will enjoy making ;)

broadlandcyclist said:
Also look at the Giant range, I have a CRS 2.5 and love it. I bought mine just after Christmas last year and got a reduction from £290 to £210 because the LBS was then taking stocks of the new year models.
Just looked @CRS 2.5 in the Giant catalog looks pretty good :biggrin:

If your commute is mainly reasonable tarmac, I would try and stretch to a Specialized Sirrus. 2008 model is currently retailing for just less than £300 with Evans Cycles - reduced by over £50.

It's a lighter bike with tyres slightly narrower than the bikes you have already looked (28mm) at, but not so narrow to be uncomfortable or impractical. You will feel much more nimble and agile underneath you once you get used to the handling and it be much less effort to propel.

I know it's £100 over budget but it will make a huge difference.

If however you are going to be cycling on trails or uneven circumstances, then your current choices are probably okay.

Top Bottom