Hybrid Repair and Maintenance Guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Loueese

Hi All

Can anyone recommend an up to date maintenance and repair guide/book for a hybrid bike?

Thanks

Louise

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No real need for a book, YouTube is your friend for just about anything you want to do.
CC for troubleshooting.

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

No real need for a book, YouTube is your friend for just about anything you want to do.
CC for troubleshooting.
I know what you mean but I like to read something that's printed and with an index, plus everything I need in one place :smile:
Louise

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

park tools are the best you tube video to watch, plus its not as though bikes are left hand drive in the states!!! so if you can find a Uk based copy....
I'll look up their Youtube :smile:
Louise

Thanks. It looks like an American book? Maybe a bit over the top for my basic needs but I'll look into it.

Louise
i recommend it - doesn't matter if it's american.
Everything is explained in a very straightforward step by step way so it's fine for beginners.
And as you say books have advantages - greasy hands etc.
I've had mine for years - I do pretty much everything with it to hand apart from really routine stuff.
Probably the only book you'll ever need and will pay for itself on the first job of any size.

(I have a Haynes book = pretty pictures - nowhere near as well written from a functional point of view - I never use it)

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've got the Haynes book, it's good enough to at least give me a good idea of what I need to do. I do understand the urge to want to see things in print, I quite like to sit with a brew and read it a couple of times rather than having to pause a screen, go back etc.
The Park Tools book looks amazing although I'd probably never use most of it, once I'm getting beyond brake and gear adjustment and into the realms of bearings and bottom brackets it's off to the bike shop mechanic for me.

Having said that I do quite like to watch the Park Tools video on the same job as well, it's nice to be talked through it in detail in case I missed a nuance of something. Calvin in particular is an awesome presenter on mechanical bits, he explains stuff so well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom