Hybrid Repair and Maintenance Guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Hi
I just bought a Liv Alight 3 disc 2021. Just a run of the mill lightweight hybrid :smile:
Louise
Easy to maintain that . Just keep it clean and lubed up.👍
Keeping it in the flat or on the landing?

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

The brakes can be a little awkward to get set up nicely but once done easy to maintain. Keep the cables greased
Rest is simple enough
Things often sound simple but when, like me, you know nothing they can seem complicated and mystifying. I don't even know what lubrication/grease etc to get. Hopefully, things will become clearer over time and I suppose I won't have to do much until after its first service.
Louise

Roseland triker

Things often sound simple but when, like me, you know nothing they can seem complicated and mystifying. I don't even know what lubrication/grease etc to get. Hopefully, things will become clearer over time and I suppose I won't have to do much until after its first service.
Louise
First service should be included with the cost of the bike. The shop mechanic will set it up then re-set it after a few weeks riding.
They should grease the inner cables when they build the bike but probably not.
Which shop are you using?

OP
OP
Loueese

Loueese

First service should be included with the cost of the bike. The shop mechanic will set it up then re-set it after a few weeks riding.
They should grease the inner cables when they build the bike but probably not.
Which shop are you using?
Yes, I know. I've bought it from Dales Cycles - it's walking distance from me. I'll probably walk the bike home when I pick it up - though might dare to ride it a bit along the towpath :smile: They are fitting mudguards for me (and a kickstand)
Louise

Roseland triker

Lol I think you could fit stabilisers but I don't think you need them.
Just ride it and grin ^_^
That's the way👍
New bike day requirements state that ^_^^_^

Ajax Bay

Guru
Top Bottom