Hybrid vs Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MY95

Not £500 or carbon no, but they were in the sale and seem very good value so thats the current idea Vickster!
What bike is the canyon? any more details? your response is exactly what im interested in! thanks Tight Git :smile:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
When I had my bike fit, it was quite enlightening that when sat relatively upright riding on the tops and then moving to the drops, the speed picked up considerably, which was nothing to do with aerodynamics, as the bike was stationary, all about optimum position for putting down the power.

Tight Git

Veteran
It's an slx 8.0 and weighs around 7kg if I remember correctly (sorry to say a bit out of your budget - do a search!).

The Boardman is great as an alround bike but for long road rides the Canyon is so much more comfortable, quicker and much more enjoyable, but that's exactly what it was designed for.

OP
OP
M

MY95

Tightgit - have looked at the 5.0/6.0.. still a very good spec for the money but no test rides is a bit offputting! Sounds like you rate it quite highly though?
Thanks Canuckstraveller, would even a Tiagra spec Giant Defy be a god upgrade/much quicker bike than the current boardman?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Thanks Canuckstraveller, would even a Tiagra spec Giant Defy be a god upgrade/much quicker bike than the current boardman?

Yes, I'm willing to bet that you'll feel that it's way quicker. Go and try one and you'll feel it straight away.

Nothing wrong with Tiagra, it's supremely good kit that is just a few grammes heavier than 105. My Giant TCR is equipped with Tiagra.

OP
OP
M

MY95

I just have this thought if im going to buy a new bike I want 105, unless I can get a bargain with tiagra, wouldnt go any lower than tiagra though, no chance!
Any bargains with tiagra out there at the moment?

vickster

Legendary Member
Or race geometry, carbon, tiagra

http://m.startfitness.co.uk/cannond...vostbbq.html?gclid=CLfso4Xrhc8CFcsK0wodcugEnQ

4700 10 speed tiagra pretty comparable to 5700 10 speed 105

OP
OP
M

MY95

Im 6ft on the dot funnily enough Vickster, so thats handy! Budget is up to 750 really, Defy 0 is currently the first choice yes, want something with good spec and something that looks good, I think that most cannondales in the price range look quite boring IMO

Top Bottom