Hydrocortisone cream 1%-the dangers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
And whatever you do, *don't* go to the loo when you've just been chopping chillies. :surrender:
Or for a long bike ride after a bikini wax!

Jimidh

Veteran
They sound a bit impatient. Everything behind a pharmacy can only be sold for what it's licensed for.

Hydrocortisone is aged 10 and above and not face or genitals.

You do actually get a fairly small minority saying that they are using it on their face. The bigger problem I have experienced is people buying it for young children. and often wanting to use it on face or relatively large areas. As Andrew P says it's an interesting one in terms of regular emollient use as a small minority do regard them as the same - the emollient is unlikely to do you any harm at all, unless you're allergic to lanolin.

Classifications do change, but this is one where I think on the whole the public are well educated on this - usually people know that hydrocortisone is the mildest, even that short term use. The public are also very educated on paracetamol. So yeah it's frustrating. Other of the other stuff we sell maybe a bit less sure of the risks.

Working on a pharmacy is an interesting one, most of the stuff is pharmacist's discretion and there are 11 opinions for every 10 pharmacists. The indemnity insurance is also a big issue.
T

This is the correct answer.

Jimidh

Veteran
translation "The boss is away so I'm not doing any work"

Bad training more like - when there is no pharmacist on the premises then the pharmacy cannot sell any licenced medicines.

A tubular bandage wouldn’t fall under this but the local company policy might include first aid products.

Top Bottom