Hydrocortisone cream 1%-the dangers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
They sound a bit impatient. Everything behind a pharmacy can only be sold for what it's licensed for.

Hydrocortisone is aged 10 and above and not face or genitals.

You do actually get a fairly small minority saying that they are using it on their face. The bigger problem I have experienced is people buying it for young children. and often wanting to use it on face or relatively large areas. As Andrew P says it's an interesting one in terms of regular emollient use as a small minority do regard them as the same - the emollient is unlikely to do you any harm at all, unless you're allergic to lanolin.

Classifications do change, but this is one where I think on the whole the public are well educated on this - usually people know that hydrocortisone is the mildest, even that short term use. The public are also very educated on paracetamol. So yeah it's frustrating. Other of the other stuff we sell maybe a bit less sure of the risks.

Working on a pharmacy is an interesting one, most of the stuff is pharmacist's discretion and there are 11 opinions for every 10 pharmacists. The indemnity insurance is also a big issue.

D

Deleted member 26715

I also was asked the same question in Boots Chemist this year,anyway it did not work,so i went to the Doc's and he gave me DAKTACORT much much better it worked within three days.
That's quite funny really as Daktacort is just a trade :laugh: name the active ingredient in it is hydrocortisone

D

Deleted member 26715

The public are also very educated on paracetamol.
I didn't realise until a read a book the other week that's the liver that can shutdown due to paracetamol overdose & day 5 (I think) is the crucial day.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Totally off topic, but just as important to know, never, never, never apply Veet to your gentleman bits or lady garden. Just don't. Not even for a laugh, ok.

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
The reduction in paracetamol rules came about because people were overdosing on the drug and taking a fortnight or more to die, so costing the NHS a fortune. It was designed to stop you buying a fatal dose in one go.
HOWEVER!
A visit to any large town and you calling into every chemists [for the 12 they were allowed to sell], would give you the necessary dose.
In the US last December, I bought a bottle of 500x200mg paracetamol tablets. If you take a fortnight to die over there, they’ll just charge the cost to your estate!

colly

Re member eR
And whatever you do, *don't* go to the loo when you've just been chopping chillies. :surrender:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-KzGKoLHXk

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
An actual conversation between an 80yo friend of mine (Mr Cowboy) and an assistant in a chemist shop in Moffat, Scotland

Assistant : "Good Morning, can I help you?"
Cowboy (whispering) :blush: need something for a delicate matter
Assistant : No need to be embarrassed, what seems to be the problem?
Cowboy (whispering) : I need to go
Assistant : Pardon ?
Cowboy (whispering) : I need to go
Assistant : Go where ?
Cowboy (whispering) : No, I need to go
Assistant : I can't understand you can you speak up?
Cowboy (rather loud) : I can't sh*t !!!!!!

*Entire shop rolling around with laughter*

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Went into the Lloyd's chemist in the village last week to buy a tubular bandage.
Woman behind the counter said she couldn't sell anything at the moment because there wasn't a Pharmacist on the premises. What's that all about?!

Top Bottom