: Hypocrite cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Unbelievable behaviour. On a back roads but plenty of room. Going into town and 50+ cyclist passed me in small groups. Virtually everyone was seeing how close he could get to me. Imagine if a car driver had behaved in the same way? Something to do with a Lincoln and back cycle ride. Even had 2 pass when there was car coming in the opposite direction. One tosser even told me to get out of the way. Where he expected me to go on road with no grass verge I don't know... in the hedge? Is this a product of these dicks watching to much tour de France. Needless to say none would stop and "chat" with me.

Cameronmu917772

were you on a bike?:laugh:

winjim

Smash the cistern
What did you want to chat about? I fail to see the hypocrisy.

Last edited:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I've shouted at people in Regent's Park for swinging right across my front wheel, inches to spare. I hate it. Just because I'm wearing Lycra doesn't mean I want to behave like I'm in a peloton.

I saw the title and thought "fame at last, a thread about me" but alas no.

Seriously though, I'd have been cheesed off to be treat as you were. The problem is what do you do? It's like when a car cuts you up, it's the next ones that get the backlash, and they could be decent folk.

OP
OP
B

brand

I saw the title and thought "fame at last, a thread about me" but alas no.

Seriously though, I'd have been cheesed off to be treat as you were. The problem is what do you do? It's like when a car cuts you up, it's the next ones that get the backlash, and they could be decent folk.
As I said I wanted a "chat" with them but I was on a Santos Travelmaster, not light, panniers on, lights with 1kg battery probably wouldn't have caught them even with a light weight bike. Next time I will put myself a full metre from the verge... maybe more.

OP
OP
B

brand

Kingston upon the River Hull
Me on the Lincolnshire Wolds

OP
OP
B

brand

Don't leave a metre or they'll have room to pass you on the inside as well!!
Not sure what the other option is. I don't want to be forced onto the grass verge. Last time that happened (it was a car) Tyres lost grip came off bike and slid along road on my face. Lots and lots of stitches one eyelid was barely hanging on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

brand

I shouldn't admit this, being a Hullgarian, but I like Lincolnshire. I've spent time camping over there, but I haven't really done it justice for cycling. It's mainly been Barton, Goxhill and the odd bit out Winterton way.
Wolds is best nice rolling hills. Great pubs. Of to the pub about 6pm. There are some travelling Morrice Dancers coming they generally like there beer. BUT they are dancing at 6 other pubs first they will probably beat each other to death!

Top Bottom