: Hypocrite cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcard

Veteran
I dunno about this one.

You say every cyclist was getting close. So either all 50 of them are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space, or you are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space.

Odds are against you on this one.

I was on a sportive and one section was 50 odd cyclists. Slight downhill so 25+mph. It was awesome. We all moved as one.

Good for us. We're not all on a sportive. Sometimes people are popping out for a ride. Sometimes people are used to more space than others.

Op, sorry you met arrogant cyclists who didn't give you enough space. People having a go at the op, some need more space than you do so get over yourselves.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Get one of those little lollipops you attach to the bike
317MDZqBp5L._SY355_.jpg

Crankarm

Guru
As I said I wanted a "chat" with them but I was on a Santos Travelmaster, not light, panniers on, lights with 1kg battery probably wouldn't have caught them even with a light weight bike. Next time I will put myself a full metre from the verge... maybe more.

Nice bike the Santos Travelmaster. Do you have a Rohloff on it? IIRC Mark Beaumont rode a Santos with belt drive on his RTW ride.

OP
OP
B

brand

I dunno about this one.

You say every cyclist was getting close. So either all 50 of them are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space, or you are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space.

Odds are against you on this one.
. Okay the vast majority were to close the rest probably didn't, because I shouted at the ones who already had. As they all overtook me how can I have miss judged the space? If I can lean out slightly and touch them there to close. Sounds to me that you are in the habit of doing the same.

OP
OP
B

brand

Nice bike the Santos Travelmaster. Do you have a Rohloff on it? IIRC Mark Beaumont rode a Santos with belt drive on his RTW ride.
Got it of EBay. £1270 including postage. He made the mistake of listing it as "Touring Bike" nothing in the heading about Santos Travelmaser or Rohloff. Silly mistake I only clicked on it out of curiosity because the starting bid was £1000. I sniped it using Bidnip so as not to get in a bidding war. I already have Thorn Raven Enduro with Rohloff so I new to bid. If I didn't like it I reckoned I could get my money back. It was in near immaculate condition despite the bloke going on expedition:-
"From uk to Turkey,Georgia,Armenia,Azerbaijan,found I couldn't get a visa for Pakistan because of troubles, so back to southern turkey. Then a boat to Egypt,Sudan,Ethiopia,Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Zambia,
Namibia and South Africa.. Flew back with the bike and a sore wrist!"
He has had the bones in his hand fused together so had no use for a bike. £2700 new and came with loads of spares 3 Rohloff cables a new chain wheel and sprocket + 4 oil changes. Original chain wheel and sprocket still have life in them (he says he had a thing about keeping the chain clean) The only thing crap was the rear tyre and then only because it doesn't match the front. Tyre from Thailand he said all the African ones were plastic and of exceptionly poor quality.
Have someone coming to see the Thorn, hoping he won't offer me what I want. I like them both. They are both bullet proof. Have had the Thorn 3 years and broke nothing. Only needed a new cables on the Thorn as the old ones were 9 years old. Come of the bike all the time so need one that is hard to damage.
Chain by the way not belt.

Last edited:
Its hard when riding in a pack at pace sometimes, you are reliant on the rider in front of you, so its probably unfair to take out your anger on everyone in the overtaking pack.

OP
OP
B

brand

Its hard when riding in a pack at pace sometimes, you are reliant on the rider in front of you, so its probably unfair to take out your anger on everyone in the overtaking pack.
Obviously incapable of reading, they were riding in single file and I don't care, there is no excuse for overtaking to close. End off. the point was about hypocrisy ie you would complain if a car driver did it. How hard is that to understand? Your excuse for them suggest you have no problem with cyclist behaving that way. While I say they are hypocrites where does that leave you?

Last edited:
Obviously incapable of reading, they were riding in single file and I don't care, there is no excuse for overtaking to close. End off. the point was about hypocrisy ie you would complain if a car driver did it. How hard is that to understand? Your excuse for them suggest you have no problem with cyclist behaving that way. While I say they are hypocrites where does that leave you?
Im not excusing anyone, im just saying you cant always blame everyone.

Crankarm

Guru
Got it of EBay. £1270 including postage. He made the mistake of listing it as "Touring Bike" nothing in the heading about Santos Travelmaser or Rohloff. Silly mistake I only clicked on it out of curiosity because the starting bid was £1000. I sniped it using Bidnip so as not to get in a bidding war. I already have Thorn Raven Enduro with Rohloff so I new to bid. If I didn't like it I reckoned I could get my money back. It was in near immaculate condition despite the bloke going on expedition:-
"From uk to Turkey,Georgia,Armenia,Azerbaijan,found I couldn't get a visa for Pakistan because of troubles, so back to southern turkey. Then a boat to Egypt,Sudan,Ethiopia,Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Zambia,
Namibia and South Africa.. Flew back with the bike and a sore wrist!"
He has had the bones in his hand fused together so had no use for a bike. £2700 new and came with loads of spares 3 Rohloff cables a new chain wheel and sprocket + 4 oil changes. Original chain wheel and sprocket still have life in them (he says he had a thing about keeping the chain clean) The only thing crap was the rear tyre and then only because it doesn't match the front. Tyre from Thailand he said all the African ones were plastic and of exceptionly poor quality.
Have someone coming to see the Thorn, hoping he won't offer me what I want. I like them both. They are both bullet proof. Have had the Thorn 3 years and broke nothing. Only needed a new cables on the Thorn as the old ones were 9 years old. Come of the bike all the time so need one that is hard to damage.
Chain by the way not belt.

You got a bargain. Does the frame fit you?

Cyclist33

Unbelievable behaviour. On a back roads but plenty of room. Going into town and 50+ cyclist passed me in small groups. Virtually everyone was seeing how close he could get to me. Imagine if a car driver had behaved in the same way? Something to do with a Lincoln and back cycle ride. Even had 2 pass when there was car coming in the opposite direction. One tosser even told me to get out of the way. Where he expected me to go on road with no grass verge I don't know... in the hedge? Is this a product of these dicks watching to much tour de France. Needless to say none would stop and "chat" with me.

Is this a product of these dicks watching to much tour de France.

Probably.

Top Bottom