: Hypocrite cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Its hard when riding in a pack at pace sometimes, you are reliant on the rider in front of you, so its probably unfair to take out your anger on everyone in the overtaking pack.

But the OP may not have known that was the strength/size/pace of the pack... and anyway, if he was using the road he was a road user and entitled to do so as much as anyone in the club ride... bullyish behaviour on the road isn't excusable.

GrasB

Veteran
Is this a product of these dicks watching to much tour de France.

Probably.
Or just a prolonged period of close quarters group riding. You get used to being 3-6" from another rider for several hours & suddenly 6-9" of clearance feels like loads of space, however to someone who's been riding solo or in a lose group it's a ludicrously close pass. This doesn't excuse them, it's up to the group riders to keep that in mind & give proper space when passing a slower rider.

OP
OP
B

brand

I shouldn't admit this, being a Hullgarian, but I like Lincolnshire. I've spent time camping over there, but I haven't really done it justice for cycling. It's mainly been Barton, Goxhill and the odd bit out Winterton way.
Barton, Goxhill suggest you like getting trains? That is the only, and I mean the only thing I liked about living in scumville (Manchester). On to the train to huge amount of locations to go walking and cycling And be back the same day. Not possible here as no train stations.
By the way Winterton keeps coming up as KwaZulu land? Winterton roads are all near Scunny?
You could get the train to Grimsby and go South on back roads and be on the Wolds in say 20+ miles depending on choice of route.

OP
OP
B

brand

I dunno about this one.

You say every cyclist was getting close. So either all 50 of them are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space, or you are rude, ignorant and misjudged the space.

Odds are against you on this one.
As my reply seems to has been removed I won't bother reply again.

OP
OP
B

brand

You got a bargain. Does the frame fit you?
Lovely. And even the Brooks saddle feels good but not great. Worried about stretching it to far. Love the brakes ceramic with a ceramic coated rim which shows no sign of wear despite the 20,000km on the "clock"
The bloke doesn't drive had a cycle shop pick it up and post with there Internet sales. They rung me to tell me it was on its way and that I had robbed him.....harsh it was an auction..:rolleyes:

Barton, Goxhill suggest you like getting trains? That is the only, and I mean the only thing I liked about living in scumville (Manchester). On to the train to huge amount of locations to go walking and cycling And be back the same day. Not possible here as no train stations.
By the way Winterton keeps coming up as KwaZulu land? Winterton roads are all near Scunny?
You could get the train to Grimsby and go South on back roads and be on the Wolds in say 20+ miles depending on choice of route.

I don't mind trains, but no, they're just the names that sprang to mind from rides I've had once over the bridge. I did look at getting the train to Lincoln, having a ride round and peddling home, but never did it. Wierd thing was, the train goes through Donny, but if I'd wanted to just go to Donny, it was three times the price it would have been if I'd paid to go on the same train and gone further to Lincoln.

OP
OP
B

brand

I don't mind trains, but no, they're just the names that sprang to mind from rides I've had once over the bridge. I did look at getting the train to Lincoln, having a ride round and peddling home, but never did it. Wierd thing was, the train goes through Donny, but if I'd wanted to just go to Donny, it was three times the price it would have been if I'd paid to go on the same train and gone further to Lincoln.
Yeah some train fares are a bit odd. How far from Lincoln to where you live? Are you sure you got the fares right. As you could have got off Doncaster but paid to Lincoln. Also as normally there is little difference between singles and returns you could always gone back to Lincoln for the return?

Yeah some train fares are a bit odd. How far from Lincoln to where you live? Are you sure you got the fares right. As you could have got off Doncaster but paid to Lincoln. Also as normally there is little difference between singles and returns you could always gone back to Lincoln for the return?

The 'getting off at Donny' bit was what made me laugh. It was something like £4 to Lincoln, which involves a change at Donny, but about £15- £20 if I only went to Donny on the self and same train. :laugh:

I've often booked a train journey 'in bits' and saved a wedge. I've also booked to go to Southampton, but got off in London, because it was cheaper than just booking to London.

Top Bottom