I’m after power meters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Until recently, I’ve never really bothered with over technical stuff for my riding. I’ve gone on feel, and the speedo, and the clock to tell me how long I’d been out. However, I’ve had a few instances of spectacularly getting it wrong, and ending up in a heap. I’ve addressed the issue, to an extent, by actually using such things as Cadence sensors, which have been an eye opener, but that only really tells me how fast I’m turning the pedals, and I’m still relying on ‘feel’ to gauge the torque for the gear I’m in. Which are the best power meters to use, if I want to see some properly useful data? By that I mean, not only power output, but power split between the cranks, and torque vectoring. Any recommendations from people with experience of such things would be helpful.

Have a look at DC Rainmaker's site. I went for a pedal based pm last year by Favero (BePro S) and it seems to be OK it gives me the flexibility I wanted to transfer it easily between bikes. I do like the new Assimoa from Favero however as it looks even simple'er. There's also crank based and bb bases systems and probably other systems too. I think the crank based Quarq crank based power meters as supposed to be the best but they cost a fair bit.

Top Bottom