I’M ON A PLANE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I am constantly surprised by the casual way plane travel is used nowadays. In my early travel days it was bike, bus or train and crossing to European mainland by boat only.
Now my younger son leaves home at 0630 in a taxi to an airport and arrives in Taiwan 36 hours later. He treats it as we used to catch a bus.
I’m much the same as I generally fly somewhere every week. My kids certainly view the world a much smaller place than I did at the same age.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

You're in the land of beer and sausage and you didn't go native with the refreshments?
You make a good point. There wasn’t one readily available! The alternative was Italian… and their beer is shyite….

stephec

Legendary Member
You make a good point. There wasn’t one readily available! The alternative was Italian… and their beer is shyite….
Shame you weren't at Hannover Airport, there's a McDonald's there. 😊

Plus a supermarket where you can get decent cans of beer for a euro each, and some lovely foods as well.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Shame you weren't at Hannover Airport, there's a McDonald's there. 😊

Plus a supermarket where you can get decent cans of beer for a euro each, and some lovely foods as well.
There’s a McD in DUS, and they have our Spicy Nuggets there…but I couldn’t be arsed to walk there…I’d seen and eaten enough McD products in the preceding 24 hours….. :eek:

I am constantly surprised by the casual way plane travel is used nowadays. In my early travel days it was bike, bus or train and crossing to European mainland by boat only.
Now my younger son leaves home at 0630 in a taxi to an airport and arrives in Taiwan 36 hours later. He treats it as we used to catch a bus.
This post highlights both what is good and bad about the world today.

Top Bottom