I’m sure this means something ........to someone .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Someone's taking the pith on a footie site I suspect. I like their sense of humour if that's the case.
A former colleague once explained how you should theoretically be able to travel interstellar distances using (I think) quantum physics or similar. He explained at great length...I nodded, somewhat non the wiser
You get it don't you ? he asked.
Errr...no I replied
'Yeah, I just explained it...you must understand....
Errr no. I can agree, I can accept what you've just said, but unless you understand quantum physics...you cant understand, only accept. You don't really understand...just accept.
No no...I understood what he meant, my former colleague spouted
Yeah right :laugh:
As the late great Richard Feynman said "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics"

Reactions: gbb
Sorry, I don't have time to consider the motion of celestial bodies. I'm still struggling with the Comte de Buffon's idea that you can estimate the value of Pi by repeatedly chucking sticks down on parallel lines.

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/estimate-pi-by-dropping-sticks/
That sort of makes sense since you can use a stick of length r at origin (x,y) r rotated by θ degrees to describe a circle of circumference c so it follows that... er... no.. it's gone again.

Surely the chance of it crossing a line depends upon both the offset of the origin in relation to the lines, the length of the sticks and the angle which are completely unrelated values and now my brain has turned to mush. :surrender:

Top Bottom