I’m sure this means something ........to someone .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I came across this on a football site , I completely agree with it ,, ( I think ? ) erm ......

“”just ran this enquiry in the NASA Exoplanet Database to compare stellar rotation rate (stars rotate just like the Earth), and look what I found. Those so called Hot Jupiter planets which are Jupiter sized planets which are orbiting very close to their star seem to be slowly migrating inwards, before they will be engulfed by their star, and look what happens to the star, it's rotation rate speeds up.

This I think is really really cool. It shows evidence for the stellar tides. This is when a planet distorts a star creating a bulge on its surface, (like the moon's effect on our Oceans), and then the bulge pulls on the planet causing it to migrate.

This is the same process which goes on between Earth and the Moon only rather than moving inwards, the Moon is moving outwards at 4cm/year.

In the graph, those stars with an elevated rotational velocity, are only those on the left, i.e. those very close in to their star. Stellar tides are sensitive to distance.

XE2wJDn.png

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You read some weird football articles. That's what it means

D

Deleted member 26715

It means what I've always said, Football's crap, always was, always will be, in general played by overpaid to$$ers (professional level obviously)

Globalti

Legendary Member
What a futile and meaningless graphic. It might just as well be a picture of my lounge hearth rug with a blob everywhere a crumb of cake has tumbled from my lips and landed on the rug.

Top Bottom