I’ve got a new fetish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The perfume in WD40 is actually a cheap version of Shalimar by Guerlain so you can be forgiven for liking it.

In South East Asia hundreds of tons of perfume are sold every year to companies like Shell, Burmah Castrol and Elf to reodorise the oil that's used in 2 stroke motorcycles because there is a consumer war between different brands and people buy the oil that smells cleanest. Heavy fruity odours like blackcurrant have the ability to improve hydrocarbon smells, no perfume comes out of the exhaust as it's all burned in the upper cylinder.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The perfume in WD40 is actually a cheap version of Shalimar by Guerlain so you can be forgiven for liking it.

In South East Asia hundreds of tons of perfume are sold every year to companies like Shell, Burmah Castrol and Elf to reodorise the oil that's used in 2 stroke motorcycles because there is a consumer war between different brands and people buy the oil that smells cleanest. Heavy fruity odours like blackcurrant have the ability to improve hydrocarbon smells, no perfume comes out of the exhaust as it's all burned in the upper cylinder.

Castrol R ... Its the real thing

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No, I suspect I either haven’t been a member of CC for long enough, or I’m not oh here often enough.
I thought you were another member when i made that last post. I didn't have my reading glasses on at the time.:blush: I can't find the link to the report about the perv in question,but let's just say he's actually worse than how i described him and "enjoys sniffing bike saddles".xx(

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
If having a nice smelling chain is important I may try lubing mine with that bottle of Brut 33 which has sat in the bathroom cabinet for the past twenty years.

My uncle used to do up and sell a few cars years ago when I was a nipper. He used to splash Brut all over the interior as an air freshener and reckoned it guaranteed he’d sell the car to the first person to see it.

On another Brut-related topic, Dennis Waterman used to live near us in Beaconsfield and whenever we saw him at the local shops, the smell of his liberal application of Brut would linger long after he’d raced away in his Honda Accord.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On about cars,i loved the smell of fibreglass resin when my dad used to spend hours on a Sunday patching up my brother's VW Beetle in the 1970's. I hadn't smelt in since then,until i had a whiff of it last year as i passed some bloke doing exactly the same thing,but his car was a 1970's Datsun Cherry. I couldn't tell him i loved the smell incase he thought i was a bit odd,so i just stood there for a while making conversation about his car while quietly taking in the aroma.:crazy:

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
aromatherapy.jpg

I see your Muc-Off & raise you Eley/Hull Cartridge/Lyalvale Express !! :tongue:

Top Bottom