I am a total div

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Ah right, ok. I’ve done that too. My point still stands, those ancient plastic bottles do look pretty crap :whistle: :ph34r:

OK, I asked for it.

Any recommendations for nice bidons for the nice cages on the nice bicycle?

I quite like this one...

vickster

Legendary Member
That style is good :okay:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Oh all these beacons of honesty! Who hasn't fitted an unfamiliar bottle cage upside down? 😄

(I fitted an Elite cage wrongly 4 years ago, and then again when I fitted a Bontrager to my daughter's bike.... but that was only last weekend). 😔

OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

Is that a metal one? Our children have steel ones of that shape, they don't quite hold in the cage due to their shape and weight.

Ahem. Wasn't intended as a serious suggestion, just an allusion to the err... ...innovative way I originally fixed the cage.

Serious suggestions are welcome though!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Ahem. Wasn't intended as a serious suggestion, just an allusion to the err... ...innovative way I originally fixed the cage.

Serious suggestions are welcome though!
I'm in the middle of a rather dull sprint refinement session, so had a sense of humour bypass 😊.

I use elite corsas with a cover, 750ml size

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elite-Unisexs-BT914166-Parts-Transparent-Rot/dp/B00G8QHT9U/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=elite%2Bcorsa%2Bwater%2Bbottle&qid=1589468862&sprefix=elite%2Bcor&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

They don't seem to have the model with the spout cover any more, and only the 950ml seems available. I quite like them, flow is very good.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm in the middle of a rather dull sprint refinement session, so had a sense of humour bypass 😊.

I use elite corsas with a cover, 750ml size

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elite-Unisexs-BT914166-Parts-Transparent-Rot/dp/B00G8QHT9U/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=elite%2Bcorsa%2Bwater%2Bbottle&qid=1589468862&sprefix=elite%2Bcor&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

They don't seem to have the model with the spout cover any more, and only the 950ml seems available. I quite like them, flow is very good.

They are decent but a bit lacking in class for a bespoke steel bike?

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

You can't put crap bottles like that on a new bike, you scruff. Even I have matching bottles for my MTB.:laugh:

OK, OK I get it!!!

(Actually, the nearly new bottle in the background would be used, together with a matching one. The really crappy ones pictured were dragged out of the bottom of the drawer in the hope that they'd fit the cage. But even that one is a bit cheap and nasty, and one of my sons has lost the matching one, the div)

Top Bottom