I am a total div

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You div!

freiston

Veteran
OK, I asked for it.

Any recommendations for nice bidons for the nice cages on the nice bicycle?

I quite like this one...

View attachment 522265

I really like my Ion8 leakproof bottles. They have a hinged cover for the spout - so no nasty muck from the road getting on the bit you stick in the mouth. They are rigid not squeezy but have a small air hole above the spout so you can pour the drink rather than suck it/squeeze it out of the bottle but it is a similar size nozzle to a typical bidon - so spillage is not an issue. Not the easiest of bottles to drink from whilst on the move but from the bottle in your post, I suspect that isn't an issue. The plastic is very strong and you can see how much drink you have left. They don't have the groove that some cages use to grip the bottle (like your original interpretation of your new cages) and they are a bit wider (78mm diameter) than a typical bidon so not all cages work with them but I suspect yours will. My cages are similar to yours inasmuch as the way they support and hold the bottle - yours look a lot nicer. The one in the picture is 750ml, I have a 1000ml bottle too - same diameter but taller. I have the grey bottles but they do them in other colours.

Attachments

• 20220211_134649.jpg
    20220211_134649.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 8

freiston

Veteran
Now that this thread has been resurrected, I feel duty bound to say that I no longer recommend the Ion8 bottles in my previous post. After having a couple of seal/lid failures, I discovered that Ion8 have changed their product line and bottle sizes to the extent that i couldn't be sure of a cost-effective correct size new seal/lid. I also discovered that the thread size of my lids were difficult to find a replacement for, certainly not a cost-effective replacement. After a few regretted purchases, I settled on some cheap bottles from Aliexpress and lids that work as replacements/spares (I bought these lids hoping they would fit the Ion8, which they don't, but they do fit the cheap bottles that I bought afterwards and linked to in this post).

Top Bottom