I am bloody Kn***ered!! or the great vinyl hunt....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
This week I am on hols and the good lady has gone to visits parents in Manchester and that leaves me with time on my hand (no car..hurrah?) to train as even in my 50's I have this great need for an endorphin rush ^_^ So on Sat I chose the old genesis ridgeback and ride into Bristol searching out all the old vinyl shops (yeah you can see I am in my 50's!!) before doing a tour of surrounding Bristol area and then returning home.....Sunday up early this time choose the Giant Defy and go for a little 30miler all around Bath climbing some big mother****** hills!....Monday up early and this time it's a 10 mile run...quick shower and walk to nearby Kingswood (yeah still on the finding vinyl kick^_^)....return home...get restless and decide to cycle to nearby Kenysham on the ridgeback (primarily because it's old and I don't care if it's nicked!!...well I do care but I love my other bikes more...) On the vinyl search again and in a charity shop disover that well known album " A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse"....what you say?? a 1971 album by The Faces/Rod Stewart (before Rod became a pin up for the "blue rinse" brigade!) This was the first LP I ever bought and lost, so to find a mint copy with the original poster was a real find...but was it worth the £20 asking price...I cycled home again...fired up ebay and discovered that a mint copy with the original poster was worth £30...so cycled back to shop and bought record...cycled home...collapsed and played record. Yesterday Tuesday I thought I would take it easy and went out for a cycle on my Kinesis tk2......40 miles later returning home I felt worn out...am I expecting too much from my ageing body???....Today I have decided to take it easy...but tomorrow normal service resumes and I think an early morning run is in order.....maybe a bike ride...or a brisk walk....I wish the wife would come back as I am kn***ered ^_^

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
should have said! i was up bristol on saturday and have inherited a load of old (ish) vinyls off my mum! was in kingswood too!!! i spose 80's stuff may be too modern for you though :tongue:

D

Deleted member 1258

I did 90 miles last Sunday, I'm having an exceptionally busy week at work, but the lad is taking the Mrs out for the day Saturday and I'm tempted to use the bike to meet up with some friends, but the club ride Sunday is a long one, Banbury, so if I do both I will be knackered Monday, but Monday I'm taking the Mrs to the coast on a coach trip, decisions, decisions, decisions, maybe I'll go out Saturday and Sunday and just sleep on the coach Monday.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Are you lot so obsessed with cycling that you need to do so many miles? My rides are largely between 20 and 30 miles and I am quite happy with that.But hey! everyone to his own I suppose.
Just a thought by the way. Do you carry ID on you just in case? I have made some credit size cards with my name and emergency numbers on. One for each jersey I own, in the zipped pocket. The cards are laminated in case I forget to remove them before the washing machine does its work.

D

Deleted member 1258

Are you lot so obsessed with cycling that you need to do so many miles? My rides are largely between 20 and 30 miles and I am quite happy with that.But hey! everyone to his own I suppose.
Just a thought by the way. Do you carry ID on you just in case? I have made some credit size cards with my name and emergency numbers on. One for each jersey I own, in the zipped pocket. The cards are laminated in case I forget to remove them before the washing machine does its work.

My ride last Sunday was to raise some money for a good cause, a normal Sunday ride would be between 50 and 70 miles and is purely for enjoyment, there's normally a Cafe stop in the middle, most of the time the Cafe is full of my mates and it makes for a very enjoyable morning out.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
vinyl is king and it's making a comeback...what's with all this downloading????
Think if you have to move: you can carry all your music collection in a hard drive, your books too :hyper:

Top Bottom