I am changing the content of my water bottle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just before I went for a ride tonight I drank a can of cider, just by chance really as I didn't know then that I was going to go for a ride. The effect of the cider on my physical ability was amazing. I covered 15 miles at an average speed of 13.7 mph, which is normally 12 to 12.5 mph. So I decided to put cider in my water bottle from now on, it gives me wings.:bicycle:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Ahhhh, but what cider .... the cloudy stuff from the West Country?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Good for you: if I'd put cider in my water bottle I'd be unable to ride: I haven't had alcohol in years! :laugh:

wonderloaf

Veteran
Someone recommended White Lightning to me but personally I found it a bit oily and the bottles weren't very big ...
upload_2016-7-12_21-24-41.png

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er.... Magners isn't cider, it's carbonated water with ethanol and some apple flavour and preservative. It absolutely stinks of sulphur dioxide. I wouldn't glorify any of that industrial garbage with the name "cider".

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It is Magner's, from Asda. As my water bottle is 500 ml, it is still within the legal limit.

There is no concept of a legal alcohol limit when it comes to cycling. It's not like driving, where if you have consumed over the prescribed limit* you are guilty of an offence regardless of your standard of driving, and if you are under it you are not.

With cycling, It is an offence for a person to ride a cycle on a road or other public place when unfit to ride through drink or drugs**. That is, that they are under the influence of a drink or a drug to such an extent as to be incapable of having proper control of the cycle. In practice that means being observed as such by a police officer. I'd cycle on 3 pints. I wouldn't drive on more than 1.

* 35 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath;
or 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood;
or 107 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine.
** Section 30 Road Traffic Act 1988

martint235

Dog on a bike
I wonder if Hull Thursday Road Club still do their Boxing Day 10 ? Whisky at the roundabout half way :smile:

Shaun
On LEL, I think it was the Traquair control that had whisky available. I remember hitting the control at about 8am after having got soaked on the way from Edinburgh. The whisky looked very tempting but my thoughts were "If I start drinking that now, I'll never leave"

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Er.... Magners isn't cider, it's carbonated water with ethanol and some apple flavour and preservative. It absolutely stinks of sulphur dioxide. I wouldn't glorify any of that industrial garbage with the name "cider".
If it was possible, I would get Normandy cider , much tastier but a long way from North Wales to get it. Planning to go over to France in October so will fill the car boot with it, as well as proper mayonnaise. I do miss that. Hellsman's mayo is crap, can't stand it.

Top Bottom