I am dreading tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Its the smell for me,as soon as i enter the dentists,and get the smell,my guts start going mad.;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
BTFB, just remember you are offsetting the pain and agony.
Hopefully, a visit to the Dentist will save you a lot more pain and inconvenience in the long run. Havin much done?

Tx

mondobongo

Über Member
Years ago before they all wore gloves it was the thought of her cold bony fingers that filled me with dread.

domtyler

Über Member
Just train yourself to relax. Feel the pain but, once again, train yourself to handle it. Your a big bloke, it's only the dentist!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I had a dentist experience last week ! Bit of a pain in my tooth :sad: and when I phoned my dentist I was told that I had been removed from their list as I had not been in the last year :smile: !!!

Anyway managed to find another one after a few phone calls with NHS direct and the local PCT and got a real result.

Examination, X ray, 1 extraction, scale and polish Total £ 43.00

Would have been well over £ 100 with my old lot ;)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..wow...I think I'm in Lurve!...

...A pretty much painless experience, full clean up and just the one filling right at the back...but I think the pain was less because of the distractions....yes...distractions....

...the dentist was the fittest most attractive Indian lady I have ever seen, and her 20 something blond female assistant looked like she should be on the cover of Vogue or something rather than looking down my gob...I may go back and get the rest of my old fillings re done in white just because of....well they do need doing...really...shame they are so expensive though...but this was a double act worth paying for!

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

...the only thing wrong was it was difficult to chat them up...you know with a mouthful of spinning metal etc...but I already feel the need for a check up.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My last three dentists were all blokes :biggrin:

Mind you, the assistants were all very, very stunning. It's a pity that all you can see once the dentist starts work is his eyes and nose looming over you...

I used to have real fear of dentists (caused by a sadistic swine of a dentist I had as a child), but I've been gradually getting over it. Mind you, a few courses of treatment lasting about 8 weeks (one visit a week) and costing the NHS max of £380-odd over the last 18 years does acclimatise you to various types of drilling, root-canal works, crowns, extractions and bridgework !!

col

Legendary Member
When i had my wisdom tooth out,and a clean,and a cap replaced,it cost me 43 quid,this would have included any root canal work or any number of fillings or teeth out,if i had needed more crowns,it would have gone up to 195 quid,which is the maximum they can now charge, i believe?

Top Bottom