I am getting sick of this now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
IYou undoubtedly attract a lot of cowards, who think they can take liberties because you're young and of slight build. Just ignore them. In my experience, people who suffer road rage rarely live happy, fulfilled lives.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
IYou undoubtedly attract a lot of cowards, who think they can take liberties because you're young and of slight build. Just ignore them. In my experience, people who suffer road rage rarely live happy, fulfilled lives.
Seconded, I sometimes ponder if I should have gestured or something but Im sure somewhere in their brains, a reaction from me is a victory. Ignore them, don't give them an excuse to come back, the fact that it seems as if you didn't even notice them, probably bugs them more.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
The only reason why I react so agressively is that I know that I get a lot of incidents and cannot for the life of me understand why (well my build and age are obvious). Why do people feel they need to 'educate' me?
Like this driver:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGZfo_t905A&feature=g-upl

Does he really think that beeping me andd telling me to get on a cycle path which I am nowhere near is going to change me? (The comment about cycle paths was a bit crazy as there was an ASL which I entered at the start of the video).

daSmirnov

Try seeing it from his point of view.

He normally see's cyclists hugging the gutter. Assumes that's where they should be. Now some guy is in the middle of the road - either he must be doing it to wind me up, or maybe he doesn't know I'm there. I'll just beep to let him know I'm behind - again probably not realising cyclists can usually hear what's behind them.

He doesn't appreciate that cyclists like being where they need to be early, so they don't have to worry about the hazard they're avoiding - and trying to merge with a stream of traffic at the last second.

A more friendly toned conversation would have been more beneficial, now he's probably gone home moaning about the cyclist who was in the middle of the road shouting abuse at him (all he probably heard was a f*** you as you cycled past). I can't say I'm perfect, and I certainly get annoyed when I get beeped at and unfortunately respond with hand-gestures and swearing more than I should. But it's something I'm trying to work towards.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
A more friendly toned conversation would have been more beneficial, now he's probably gone home moaning about the cyclist who was in the middle of the road shouting abuse at him (all he probably heard was a f*** you as you cycled past). I can't say I'm perfect, and I certainly get annoyed when I get beeped at and unfortunately respond with hand-gestures and swearing more than I should. But it's something I'm trying to work towards.
You and me both.

Get his pate number and contact whichever local borough council he is plated to.
All taxis are governed by a code of conduct and the council have a public obligation to follow it through.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Get his pate number and contact whichever local borough council he is plated to.
All taxis are governed by a code of conduct and the council have a public obligation to follow it through.
I was trying to locate which rank he worked for but the number is registered to a hotel (which must be wrong because I have seen another minibus with the same number). I couldnt pick up the number on the camera and I didnt really have time to when he passed me (I was concentrating on what he was doing). If I see the taxi again, then I will pick it up (then number not the car).
I seriously doubt going to the council will do anything, they rarely reply. I could go to the taxi rank though (online) and complain through them.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Cars should be fitted with two horns. A horn for saying "get out of the F*** road you t***" and would for "please may I get past"...:thumbsup:
My dad has two. One for saying "F*cking move" and one for saying "Hey kiddies, watch me honk those lovely gurls". (He has one which used to make and "uuurrruuuugggaaaaa" noise but it is more of a "uuuuuuurrrrrrrruuuuuuuu" noise now).

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Why were you in primary from 9secs to 19secs? Might be mistaken with the camera angle, but that looks like why he was beeping

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Why were you in primary from 9secs to 19secs? Might be mistaken with the camera angle, but that looks like why he was beeping
I knew it would be pointless moving over and I always take primary there just in case someone is parked on both sides. Plus, I would be swerving at the speed I was travelling at to go in and out of primary. All this driver needed was a little patience, he didnt get anywhere quicker in the end did he?

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
I knew it would be pointless moving over and I always take primary there just in case someone is parked on both sides. Plus, I would be swerving at the speed I was travelling at to go in and out of primary. All this driver needed was a little patience, he didnt get anywhere quicker in the end did he?

Sorry but its double yellow lines all up the left side until 19sec, it just looks like your holding up the taxi deliberately

Top Bottom