I am going to buy one of these bikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Cube for me every time.
However I am In the process of brainwashing all cyclechat members into buying Cubes.
Planet x looks GVFM though.
Buying a Cube Peloton Race on C2W in next 2-3 months as N+1 -
Beautiful.
:wub::thumbsup::wub::thumbsup::wub:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I doubt if they are even asembled in Germany. Unfortunately, the only 'German' thing about the bike is the brand name.
I would wager that Cube Canyon & Focus bikes (or at least 2/3) are at least assembled in Germany as unlike us Brits they tend to look after their own 1st & foremost.
Also the design & specification of frame materials & geometry etc is most likely to be 'of that manufacturer' & they almost certainly do not use 'open mold' carbon frames - even if they are made in Asia.
All of these brands have probably got very strict quality control over their frame/fork suppliers also & a very good after sales/warranty service.
(I saw the post about Focus).
Magazine tests in their Majority also rate these brands products very highly & they test & have access to some of the world's most desirable bikes.
I am not saying that any are without fault at some point but I would rather any of those brands than some own brand chainstore stuff & even some over priced American & Italian bikes.
I own none of these brands bikes yet but wouldn't hesitate to if funds were available now.

ayceejay

Guru
I'm in a different time zone so excuse tardiness.
The Px is posted at £999.99 and the Cube at £1500 so there is a price difference.
I looked again at the specs and apart from the wheels they seem very similar although the Px has more Ultegra parts than the Cube.
One caveat when buying reduced items, like the Cube is to ask why? It is probably a 2012 model or something like that which may not be a problem - just be aware.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I'm in a different time zone so excuse tardiness.
The Px is posted at £999.99 and the Cube at £1500 so there is a price difference.
I looked again at the specs and apart from the wheels they seem very similar although the Px has more Ultegra parts than the Cube.
One caveat when buying reduced items, like the Cube is to ask why? It is probably a 2012 model or something like that which may not be a problem - just be aware.
2013 model that one & no changes to speak of on 2014 model.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Has anyone here come across a concrete example of PX carbon frames failing?
Never heard of it pal - but google it just in case - worth the effort.

Top Bottom