I am going to buy one of these bikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Thomk

Thomk

Guru
Perhaps a Warwickshire slope at 39.8mph...

Bad....even Decathlon does lifetime now I think (or at least longer)! All the big US brands have lifetime
Actually there are not that many brands who give lifetime warranties on frames, some of the big brands do, but in return you pay a premium for their products. Cube is 3 years on carbon frames and 6 on aluminium. Horses for courses i suppose, depends on what is important to you.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why should a carbon frame have a lesser timescale than alu? That doesn't give much confidence in the material IMO

vickster

Legendary Member
I have no problem with carbon, I just don't get why the same company offers different warranty on the two materials

I have a carbon bike, just wish I rode it a bit more!

vickster

Legendary Member
Well yes, that is bonkers :biggrin: But you'll get a better deal now

Why should a carbon frame have a lesser timescale than alu? That doesn't give much confidence in the material IMO
I agree, did not stop me buying a carbon bike in november though (it was a cube btw). I will be saving it for the spring summer though and be using my previous aluminium bike as a winter one. I am not sure, but i guess carbon is more fragile in a crash, for example, than aluminium, but i really don't know.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think that is so, a crash that would kill a good carbon frame would also kill an alu one. That said, not all arbon is created equal and presumably the PX one will be a lower grade (or however it's classified)

I don't think that is so, a crash that would kill a good carbon frame would also kill an alu one. That said, not all arbon is created equal and presumably the PX one will be a lower grade (or however it's classified)
Agreed again, but a lower grade carbon frame in a small crash or spill could create a fracture that would severely compromise the frame, whereas an alu frame could probably withstand it. Also think about how some people treat their bikes in transport etc, i suppose carbon is very strong when forces applied in the right directions, but alu stronger all round. I am sure someone who knows about this stuff will be alomg shortly, and i will be happy to be corrected.

vickster

Legendary Member
Aren't the current CAAD's more than a grand? Or is that another poster's budget? Quickl google suggests £1400-1500 (the black one more?)

Top Bottom