I am kind to animals.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
But i hate blue bottles,i can't stand the dirty things,i get great pleasure in inflicting pain via the RAID spray.I close the doors and follow them around the room,zapping them then i watch them spin out of control to a painful death.Sorry fisherman but they are useless things.

AndyRM

XOXO
You and @Accy cyclist should have a bug killing contest.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Recently, I have come across bluebottles mysteriously appearing out of nowhere in my house, even with the doors and windows closed. How do the little feckers get in?. No sooner do I get rid of one, another appears. Last night though, one made the fatal error of landing on a plate in the sink....cold water full blast:okay:.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Recently, I have come across bluebottles mysteriously appearing out of nowhere in my house, even with the doors and windows closed. How do the little feckers get in?. No sooner do I get rid of one, another appears. Last night though, one made the fatal error of landing on a plate in the sink....cold water full blast:okay:.
I could be wrong, but I believe they can lie dormant for months/years and then come out to play.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't like them either - I've seen lambs in the summer with maggots coming out of their anus and female bits, where blowflies have laid their eggs. I don't condone killing anything slowly though, I'd crush their head as quick as I can. The flies I mean, not lambs.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I could be wrong, but I believe they can lie dormant for months/years and then come out to play.
{ cough cough }

https://www.tameside.gov.uk/PestControl/Flies-and-Blue-Bottles

Salar

A fish out of water
If you are squeamish and like chocolate marshmallow teacakes don't read this. xx(

Many years ago in the mid 60's when I was very young.. .........I was with my mother who was discussing something with my gran.

Apparently a friend of my gran's had bitten into a chocolate marshmallow and it was full of bluebottles which flew out of her mouth.

To this day, well over 50 years ago I rarely eat a marshmallow and always remember this story when I bite one.

Drago

Legendary Member
I was working on one of the bikes the other day when a wasp was annoying me. I sprayed him with Duck Oil and he staggered off. I hopped it before he came back with his mates.

Top Bottom