I am my Dad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last night watching the telly an advert came on for the latest repeat album from Madness. This got me reminiscing with my eldest and a teenage friend of the family that is staying with us about bands that I saw in the dim and distant past.

Not wanting them to miss out on proper music I whipped out the iPad and searched for anything that may be available from Tenpole Tudor ...

... or Bad Manners ...

Only for them to counter with Skrillex ...

Ye Gods!!!

Is that what the young of today call music?

Where is the melody?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Ha,Ha i have been listening to my 3 cd Madness greatest hits all week whilst tiling the kitchen,proper music which you can sing along to.I do worry at some of the music and it's quaility but like you say it's a different generation like we were to our parents........just will not let them have Bieber and 1 direction on the car radio though Grrrrrr !
Now lets crank up "The Prince" !

[Luddite] Everything sounds better on vinyl [/Luddite]
Pah,wax disc you philistine.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Last night watching the telly an advert came on for the latest repeat album from Madness. This got me reminiscing with my eldest and a teenage friend of the family that is staying with us about bands that I saw in the dim and distant past.

Ye Gods!!!

Is that what the young of today call music?

Where is the melody?
I think your kids have pretty good taste. At least it's not some Simon Cowel musical pablum. It has balls.
I also like Bad Manners though and think Special Brew is a classic of its time. An ode to premium strength lager. Genius.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Neighbours have had the joy of New Order and of course Madness this morning while i'm cleaning the house.I've not worn the Doc's or Mrs Skud would blow a fuse and put George Michael on ! :eek:

Sandra6

Veteran
Madness are the one band my son (18) and I both share a passion for.
We were supposed to see them last month but they cancelled due to rain:angry: Obviously didn't fancy standing up in the falling down!

Top Bottom