I am officially out of touch with fashion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
quite right too.

Mine are over 13 years old and still going strong!
Mine never last that long but I batter the crap out of shoes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I buy all my clothes here from the market. I can get designer shirts, shorts etc for a fraction of the original cost. They are all second hand brought from abroad. It's know as 'Obroni wa wo' or 'clothes from the dead white man'.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I like next t-shirts and some jeans..

But you need to be a size 26 waist with 50mm thick legs..and have mastered the button fly..

As your Huntingdon try the large TKMax in Peterborough.. you can find some very nice threads there..
M&S tend to sell clothing you mum or wife would pick..not good..you need sunglasses to look at most of the clothes too

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
I like next t-shirts and some jeans..

But you need to be a size 26 waist with 50mm thick legs..and have mastered the button fly..

As your Huntingdon try the large TKMax in Peterborough.. you can find some very nice threads there..
M&S tend to sell clothing you mum or wife would pick..not good..you need sunglasses to look at most of the clothes too

Thanks. I'll have a look. I'm actually in Sawtry so can swing either way... even though I'm not a lumbersexual.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't do online clothes shopping as it involves far too much effort with returns etc. I just want to pop into a shop for half an hour every three years.

Graham

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
M&S, John Lewis, Go Outdoors, Bike Shed, Dalziels (local emporium), charity shops (only for outer wear).
My attempts at fashion do not usually end well.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't do online clothes shopping as it involves far too much effort with returns etc. I just want to pop into a shop for half an hour every three years.

Graham

Three years?!?
I was attending an event at daughters School on Saturday, and 'fairly poshed up', but my right foot felt a bit funny
At first I thought, it was something stuck to the sole, & dragging slightly (there had been a buffet at dinner-time, & we were on a lightly gravelled area)
On looking though...........

19756607_10212093824373160_8831430585119734953_n.jpg
Barely worn soles, or heels too:angry:

Amelia started laughing when I showed her, then I reminded her that the shoes were older than she is (she was 16 earlier this year)

In terms of other clothes I have, barring cycling related (that could be another thread??)
1. There's a flying jacket (sheepskin) that's in the back of a wardrobe, bought 25+ years ago
I can't remember when I last wore it, but certainly remember roughly how much it cost, Joanne keeps wanting to get rid of it, I keep saying "No!"

2. Amelia now wears my old Levi jacket
(I was about 21 or 22, in this pic, I'm 52 later this year)

Miscellaneous Images. Richard. Possibly 1987.JPG

3. I know this t-shirt is still in the bottom of drawer, but used as a duster nowadays, given that the picture was taken on my 21st birthday
Miscellaneous Images. Richard. James Dean T-shirt. 21st.jpg

KneesUp

Guru
My particular bug bear is the sheer number of t-shirts for grown adults emblazoned with the distressed logo of (at best) a college or university most customers did not attend, and at worst one that doesn't even exist.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I used to be trendy, but the trend I followed is now not trendy. I need to get with the times.

I think a trip to Primark is in order - you can buy the latest fashions, for not much money and when the fashion changes (6 months later) you can buy again.

Top Bottom