I ave discovered... (TMI alert)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Snot-rockets!

Seen others do it in the past and personally thought it disgusting.
With a slight head cold that will not budge, the cold commute this week, a blocked nose and blooming freezing, I was riding up a quiet lane, no-one in front or behind so I went for an attempt at a right nostril rocket...and it worked!
It cleared me and my bike by a good few feet and I could breathe again.
Did a doubler this evening (separately though, I'm not a complete fool) on the ride home, left hooter gets a bit close to the shoulder but still works!!!
50 year I'd and I lost my snot-rocket virginity.

TBH I do still feel a grot doing it so i'll still make sure I'm away from accusing eyes.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Just make sure no one is about to overtake you as you're doing it. xx(

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I was riding up a quiet lan e, no-one in front or behind so I went for an attempt at a right nostril rocket...and it worked!
Could you please remove the space between your n and e, when I first read your post I thought the l was an I :eek:
Good news on the snot rockets though :thumbsup:

Robson3022

I had one catch my shoulder last week! Was not pleasant. I consider myself an expert as well as I've been doing it for years playing football!!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I popped my rocket cherry at the end of last year.

it was a revelation.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Very effective, I find it, and I do wait for gaps in the traffic !

Need to work on accuracy but I can clear the white line on a good day.

However, in the shower it's best to make sure you go round the cubicle with a tissue afterwards. Best also, to do it when not facing the vinyl curtain..

Top Bottom