i-beam saddle for Dahon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
My daughter has borrowed my 2005 Dahon Speed p8 for the lockdown and finding the saddle uncomfortable. Apart from HTFU I am looking for a replacement

The fitting is a quirky system called I-beam and I can find a seatpost on CRC that says I-Beam seatposts can only be used with I-Beam saddles

I have tried googling with no luck. Anyone got any ideas? Looks like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/q0i6z1xs5jhi8xx/sdg saddle.jpg?dl=0 you can see (not very well) that the underside of the saddle has a square profile

As she is in London I can't actually look at it, so does anyone know more about this presumably outdated fitting and specifically where I can find a women's saddle?

u_i

Über Member
A quick solution would be to get a padded saddle cover. When I travel I carry along a cover that can be even pumped up, to optimize hardness, for use with loan bikes. The latter come with saddles that I cannot replace but, obviously, of an arbitrary comfort.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
i-Beams are a PITA, as you have discovered. I ended up buying another seatpost for my old Jetstream XP that came with one!

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Thanks all. I don't want to throw money at it as it won't be doing massive mileage. the padded seat cover is a good idea. In the short term she has some padded undershorts

Burghley

Über Member
A google search for "Kore ibeam saddle" gave me some useful leads.

Hope you get what you want.

Pete

Top Bottom