I blame Bonj...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
White raceblades?
There is/was a cool wooden mudguard on some online site, that looked pretty cool.

Carwash

Señor Member
It pleases me somehow to know that, should I ever attend a CycleChat meetup, I'll recognise bonj instantly even though I've never met him. He'll be the one with the long brown stain running up his back, looking like he spent the day giving piggy-back rides to a troupe of incontinent toddlers. :biggrin:

snorri

Legendary Member
bonj said:
does his cycle kit not get washed anyway?

bonj, what is this "cycle kit" of which you speak?
Can you guarantee it is a more effective device than a set of mudguards for keeping my suit in pristine condition as I cycle to weddings, funerals and barmitzvahs?

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
I still blame bonj... for everything. :biggrin:

I used to blame bonj for quite a lot, but he seems to have matured a lot these days, so I think he should be given a second chance. Just hear him out.

gavintc

Guru
Mudguards, I hate them with a passion and will only fit them when the weather goes beyond wet into the cold and wet and phase. So last weekend, I fitted them and today was the first ride. Yes, a dry arse, but they rattle and scrape and are horrid. So tonight, the front guard has come off - will leave the back on one - for the time being.

As for protecting following riders. That is bollox, they do not do this, they simply reduce the spray. Having spent many an hour on someone's wheel with race blades, guards and nothing, the only type that actually works is the one's with a persil bottle attached to the bottom - but that is so uncool as to be unacceptable. Imagine rapha/assos and a persil bottle - it does not bear thinking about.

Randochap

Senior hunter
gavintc said:
As for protecting following riders. That is bollox, they do not do this, they simply reduce the spray. Having spent many an hour on someone's wheel with race blades, guards and nothing, the only type that actually works is the one's with a persil bottle attached to the bottom - but that is so uncool as to be unacceptable. Imagine rapha/assos and a persil bottle - it does not bear thinking about.

Persil Bottle? Definitely uncool!:biggrin:

This is a cool mudflap. In this climate, you get banned from the paceline without one.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Abitrary said:
I used to blame bonj for quite a lot, but he seems to have matured a lot these days, so I think he should be given a second chance. Just hear him out.

Ah, okay. If you say so... but I'm telling you, I will need someone else to blame instead, and I can't be waiting around for long.

Abitrary

Flying_Monkey said:
Ah, okay. If you say so... but I'm telling you, I will need someone else to blame instead, and I can't be waiting around for long.

I kind of know what you mean. Bonj basically sets the bar for mucking around on this forum.

Even in the midst of my drunken solipsistic attention seeking I am entirely cognisant of the height of the bar as bonj has left it.

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Carwash said:
It pleases me somehow to know that, should I ever attend a CycleChat meetup, I'll recognise bonj instantly even though I've never met him. He'll be the one with the long brown stain running up his back, looking like he spent the day giving piggy-back rides to a troupe of incontinent toddlers. ;)
Might not be as easy to spot Bonj as you think

Somewhat to my surprise this thread has flushed out a whole anti-mudguard contingent on Cycle Chat ;)

Top Bottom