I blame Bonj...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bonj said:
I once had an argument with User about why my jacket, which I posted a picture of as evidence, was completely clean, despite having cycled in the rain wearing it. The only thing he could come up with was that "it must have been that type of rain that doesn't stay on the road" :biggrin: :smile: Can you do any better?
You were just riding too slowly to get any spray.

Abitrary

bonj said:
I once had an argument with User about why my jacket, which I posted a picture of as evidence, was completely clean, despite having cycled in the rain wearing it. The only thing he could come up with was that "it must have been that type of rain that doesn't stay on the road" :biggrin: :smile: Can you do any better?

I have a plan. To prove the case for mudguards.

Attach mudguards to a bike just for a day, ride it in the rain, or even better muddy offroad.

Then take them off and post pictures of the undersides and write a paragraph or so about what you see and why.

bonj2

Abitrary said:
I have a plan. To prove the case for mudguards.

Attach mudguards to a bike just for a day, ride it in the rain, or even better muddy offroad.

Then take them off and post pictures of the undersides and write a paragraph or so about what you see and why.

If there was mud there, then if anything that would prove the case for NOT having mudguards. The more you cycle the more mud you collect and thus more weight you add to slow you down.
All I need to be satisfied of, is that whether I have mudguards or nor doesn't make any difference to whether mud gets over me or not. Which I am.
The point is Abitrary is that the sole benefit of mudguards is to solve a problem which I don't experience. that's why I dont' like them.

Abitrary

You cycle to work, don't you bonj? Do you have to take your muddy clothes off upon arrival and put them on all available radiators.... including those in the WOMEN'S BOGS????

I don't. I use mudguards.

bonj2

Abitrary said:
You cycle to work, don't you bonj? Do you have to take your muddy clothes off upon arrival and put them on all available radiators.... including those in the WOMEN'S BOGS????

I don't. I use mudguards.

there aren't any radiators, i put them on the door of a tall cupboard, they're dry when i come to go home, they're never muddy.

Dave5N

Über Member
I reckon Bonj is really tiny and the spray goes over the top of him and misses him completely.

Either that or he's another Tony Blair.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The CycleChat Pedal For Scotland team were going to take a photo of the backs of their CC jerseys to illustrate that they got mucky without mudguards even on a dry day (after we went through a few puddles and the wet shore road along near the Forth Road Bridge).

I reckon Bonj generates some kind of strange force-field that prevents him from getting mucky :rolleyes:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
bonj said:
I once had an argument with User about why my jacket, which I posted a picture of as evidence, was completely clean, despite having cycled in the rain wearing it. The only thing he could come up with was that "it must have been that type of rain that doesn't stay on the road" :thumbsup: :rolleyes: Can you do any better?

This morning as I said goodbye to Mr Summerdays I almost took a photo of the back of his jacket... tonight I will and post it here.

bonj2

Why bother? Even if it's muddy it's only going to prove that he's got shoot tyres and/or is riding too slow, or riding through puddles. Hence it isn't going to prove necessity of mudguards.

Graham O

Discussions like this always makes me wonder what sort of cycling bonj does if he has never found mudguards make for a cleaner ride. I know from my riding, that before mudguards, my commute was often filthy and wet, but now, with them, I am clean and dry. I believe this is the experience of many people on here, so how does bonj stay clean?

Top Bottom