I blame Bonj...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
Flying_Monkey said:
Ah, okay. If you say so... but I'm telling you, I will need someone else to blame instead, and I can't be waiting around for long.
I suspect that Arbitrary was the sort of person who got blamed for everything at school, so he might do ;)

Noodley

Randochap said:
Persil Bottle? Definitely uncool!;)

This is a cool mudflap. In this climate, you get banned from the paceline without one.

How does the author know what is stocked in my local shops?:

The next item required is reflective material. I use 900 candle-power Alpena "Ultra-Tape." Both products are available at your local hardware store.

Can he tell me where to find other products I am having trouble with?

Plant some soggy dog turds on his route, wearing dog turds in your teeth and up your back is marginally less cool than wearing mudgourds. He'll be begging you to re-fit them.

I recently fitted some mudgourds to my pink Colnago. I transcend cool. I am stone cold.

Calum

Or... You could just let him be a kid and come home; red in the face, full of energy and covered in shoot?!

Worked for me when I was that age!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have mudguards on both the bikes I use regularly... just don't like an unnecessary stripe of sh!te up me back... incidentally, someone at work recently cycled to work (not far, and not a regular cyclist) in a suit ... and didn't realise till I pointed out the mess he was making of the wall that he had mud all up his back. He'd been sat in his office for 3 hours, and there was mud all up the back of his seat. Dopey tw@t! ;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Sorry, much as I know how useful they are, I still think mudguards look awful. Especially the long ones with the mud-flaps at the bottom - they just scream "Grandad !!" at me (since the only bikes I've ever seen with them on were ridden by very elderly citizens). :blush::biggrin:

Give me another 10 years and I'll probably reach that age where I find them instantly appealing.... ;)

Mr Phoebus

goo_mason said:
Sorry, much as I know how useful they are, I still think mudguards look awful. Especially the long ones with the mud-flaps at the bottom - they just scream "Grandad !!" at me (since the only bikes I've ever seen with them on were ridden by very elderly citizens). :blush::biggrin:

Give me another 10 years and I'll probably reach that age where I find them instantly appealing.... ;)

If I fit some full guards, I'm going to buy some Argyle socks as well.

Arch

Married to Night Train
gavintc said:
Yes, a dry arse, but they rattle and scrape and are horrid.

So fit them properly. None of my mudguards (front and rear on two bikes) rattle or scrape, that I notice.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm with Arch on this. Properly fitted 'guards do not rattle or scrape. I have them on my Galaxy and Audax bikes, but would never, ever, fit mudguards onto my Condor Italia. You wouldn't put a roof rack onto a Bentley.:biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Mr Phoebus said:
If I fit some full guards, I'm going to buy some Argyle socks as well.

And a chain to put your glasses on (or perhaps two chains - one for your reading glasses and one for your cycling glasses) ;)

bonj2

Arch said:
So fit them properly. None of my mudguards (front and rear on two bikes) rattle or scrape, that I notice.

that's probably more due to the fact that you don't cycle fast enough, rather than anything to do with mudguards being any good.

bonj2

Dannyg said:
Might not be as easy to spot Bonj as you think

Somewhat to my surprise this thread has flushed out a whole anti-mudguard contingent on Cycle Chat :biggrin:

I once had an argument with User about why my jacket, which I posted a picture of as evidence, was completely clean, despite having cycled in the rain wearing it. The only thing he could come up with was that "it must have been that type of rain that doesn't stay on the road" :wacko: :smile: Can you do any better?

Top Bottom