I caught a mouse today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milo

Guru
When I was on a boat I had a collection of mice take up home. Must admit in the end the only way to shift them was poision I got of a mate who worked on the railways. Worked ruddy well it did.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Mille said:
My cat who died last year caught a mouse. She was so lazy (and had a dodgy leg) that we reckon it was 'seconds' from another cat :biggrin:

That must have been some cat to postumously catch a mouse. Or maybe a particularly thick mouse to have been outwitted by a dead cat.:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We had a field mouse in the house for a day or two, until finally realising why the cats kept going up to the back of the TV cabinet.....saw this tiny mouse dart out.

Managed to catch it (or my son who was 4 at the time did) and we put it outside.

As with Frogs, they don't half make a noise when a cat tries to play with them.

ASC1951

Guru
Campfire said:
I put him in the bushes and I hope he recovered from the shock as he didn't move for a while.
Probably not, in that case; but if he did, he's back in the house by now.

I'm afraid I go for a metal version of the Little Nipper, baited with a raisin or a nut. More humane than cats or poison. I also leave a nut out as a control. When that goes, it's time to load the Nipper again.

brockers

I used to think they were cute (and seeing the odd one never really bothered me) until they took up residence in my food cupboards. Then I went all out tactical nuclear and called in the services of my pest-control neighbour with his armoury of anti-mouse weaponry; poisons that require a licence to handle (the green pellets you can buy in DIY shops are next to useless. And mice are actually quite intelligent - they remember where you've put it and will avoid it second time round), and I'm ashamed to admit now, inhumane glueboards. I really hated using those. Sorry, mice.

Then I pulled my kitchen apart to find out where they were getting in. Blocked up the tiny holes (mice have flexible skeletons and can squeeze through unbelievably small gaps) with fine wire wool and that squirty frame sealant that builders use. Sorted.

Norm

I caught a mouse in our larder at the farm. I was walking out into the yard to release it when it sunk it's teeth into my thumb. Little bugger wouldn't let go until I stamped on it... but at least it didn't make that mistake again. B)

Arch

Married to Night Train
dan_bo said:
We had a cat once that brought in a squirrel!

I don't know wether the squirrel or the cat was most alarmed!

You'd know if it was the wether - an alarmed castrated sheep is hard to miss...:becool:

OP
OP
Campfire

Campfire

Über Member
One of my previous cats brought a pigeon through the cat flap. It was a large cat flap as he was a large cat but the pigeon was alive and flew around my living room. The ceiling at the front of the house goes right up to the roof if you understand, as there is a galleried landing. We caught it eventually but it was very difficult. Fortunately it's a small house so it didnt get lost!

mice = yum

4423565964_de7f3be0f8.jpg

Top Bottom