I choose the Boardman urb 8.9 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Posty27

Regular
After 35hrs of searching which bike I decided to go for the Boardman 8.92020. I know probably not everybody's cup of tea but I thought it will be low on maintenance as I don’t really know much about bikes and I think it would do for still getting out for fitness and getting up to 30 miles on a good ride. Hoping it will do me good. Thank you everyone for all the advice while trying to choose.
41917ED8-2E9D-4BD9-A676-DD53D1928EC8.png

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Nice choice, lovely bike, enjoy ^_^

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Perfect for the city as the moniker suggests but also good for longer rides in the country.
Those Nexus 8 hubs are great, I've got one on my folder. Unlike derailleurs you can change down when stood which is handy. Disc brakes will stop you in any weather, talking of which you might like to get some mudguards.
A good strong lock might be a good idea if you're going to leave it in public.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
P

Posty27

Regular
Perfect for the city as the moniker suggests but also good for longer rides in the country.
Those Nexus 8 hubs are great, I've got one on my folder. Unlike derailleurs you can change down when stood which is handy. Disc brakes will stop you in any weather, talking of which you might like to get some mudguards.
A good strong lock might be a good idea if you're going to leave it in public.

Enjoy.
Thank you. Wanted to get some mud guards ready but just didn’t know really which ones fits until I get it i Think. Thank you

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nice bike.

The Nexus hub is very reliable and is fitted to many ebikes because it can withstand motor power.

It doesn't give the widest range, so I would be wary of recommending one for a very hilly area.

Gearing is a personal thing, but if first is low enough for your purpose all will be well.

OP
OP
P

Posty27

Regular
Ok thank you bud

McGern

Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread, but would really interested in anyone's thoughts 3 years later. Looking to get this bike but all reviews are "had this bike for a week and it seems great".

Would love to know experiences please of
- wear and tear
- comfort
- hills
- maintenance (self and shop)
- issues with after sales service (Halfords or tredz)

Thanks

Top Bottom